Nintendo Muff

Everyone needs a stompbox.
CaptainCrunch
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Nintendo Muff

Post by CaptainCrunch » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:08 am

You want some nerd cred?

Figure out how to use the Power Glove as a master effects controller, and throw an e-bow in while you're at it.
Stone Deaf In The U.S.A.

FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by FireAarro » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:17 am

Midi power glove? Brilliant!
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:17 am

does the power glove transmit MIDI messages, or is it just Voltage control? I don't really know much about the workings of console controllers.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:28 am

Sort of, only it's not a MIDI message (midi is a language specific to musical instruments-Musical Instrument Data Interface), but its a message none the less. What happens... do you really care, and am I a huge nerd for knowing this? Anyway, it's all just carbon switches that get fed into an 8 bit serial parallel in/serial out chip. When you press up, and A, the serial chip codes it into 1's and 0's for the appropriate move. The Game unit sends the controller a clock pulse message like a hundred times a second (I don't know really but it's fast) that tells the chip to dump the serial information back into the game unit. So in order to use a controller, non modified for an effect controller, you have to find the proper input voltage, generate a clock pulse, and then have a way to decipher the serial data dumped from the controller.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:44 am

i do really care! I know quite a bit about MIDI and control voltages, and I was thinking that it would be really cool to use the controller if it output MIDI messages.

So basically each console has its' own system for data exchange from controller-console? it sounds like too much of a pain in the ass to modify. I was thinking that you could have used the controller to alter the parameters on the BM (tone, volume, sustain) and have the joystick's centre position as a "neutral", where the stick was swtiched out, and the pedal worked as a normal BM.

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, though!
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

aen
Expat
Expat

Post by aen » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:13 pm

Gah!  I forgot to mention I finished the nintendo muff!

It wasn't a complete success, though.  If I were to do another big muff mod I would keep it al in the original housing and use momentary pushbuttons for the feedback loops.
I prefer their older stuff.

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:52 pm

Yeah, I agree, I think I am going to do it again with another controller and just put a "Feedbacker" jack in the side of the pedal like I talked about in one of my earlier posts in this thread. Maybe I will build a clone and do it. It makes more sense to have the controller on the outside of the pedal, rather than putting the pedal inside the controller.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.