My 50th guitar pedal

Everyone needs a stompbox.
burntumber
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

My 50th guitar pedal

Post by burntumber » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Today I bought my 50th pedal for my collection.

There's 3 pedals I want to sell, so I'll probably buy more again.

Anyway, I scored a Malekko Charlie Foxtrot.

The granular delay is maybe becoming an old hat, but this is the first box I've owned that does anything like that.

Had it behind my EHX attack decay on the "bubble" setting and shit got weird

Pretty fun with electric piano and lapsteel too.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: My 50th guitar pedal

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:40 pm

With all the pedals I've ever own(ed) and built - I scratched the 50th mark too recently - but currently only about the half are still in my possession - the rest was sold/traded/lost at the guitar center that should have repaired them.

Within the last years my fable for Big Box pedals has increased noticeable. The most recent addition to my collection are a (90s reissue big box) EHX Octave Multiplexer, a DIY-JPTR FX Fernweh (they sold a limited amount of pcbs, but have stopped doing so as they didn't find the time for the support needed) and (surprise) after more than a year finally another Fuzz pedal. A vintage Fuzzrite-type with tropical fish caps from Electric Roots - a small company from Germany.

That Charlie Foxtrot sounds like fun, so does the Attack Decay - just watched a video of each because both clearly went under my radar so far. I could actually use the Attack Decay (I don't have an option for reverse-delay right now - and this might be close enough for what I'd need.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: My 50th guitar pedal

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:05 am

Never tried the Charlie Foxtrot, but that sounds like a lot of fun. I'll second how much fun the Attack Decay is too! I got one for bass and it's a blast. I'd been on the hunt for a Slow Gear clone or a VFE Bumble Bee, right around the time that EHX released the new Attack Decay. I don't use the fuzz side often though. Running it into a delay is amazing too.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384