Fuzzy friends always stick together...

Everyone needs a stompbox.
zhivago
Mods
Mods

Fuzzy friends always stick together...

Post by zhivago » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:00 am

After all these years, these two little fuzzy beasts still make me smile...

...and make my neighbours cry. :D :-*

Year 2000...

Year 2001...

...and yes, I do stack them occasionally...Octane > Fuzz Factory is so intense and explosive. 8)
Resident Spartan.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fuzzy friends always stick together...

Post by s_mcsleazy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 am

my favorite thing to do when im at jam sessions with bands or other musicians is to hand them my modded fuzz factory clone and tell them to write a song using it...... weeds out the un-creative people.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:08 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 am
my favorite thing to do when im at jam sessions with bands or other musicians is to hand them my modded fuzz factory clone and tell them to write a song using it...... weeds out the un-creative people.
Ha! That's brilliant!!
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:03 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
hahah!! great move!!! :D
Resident Spartan.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:18 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
I was interested in the Fuzz Factory many years ago. I tried out a Fuzz Probe one day in a shop. It’s a Fuzz Factory with a copper plate for expression control. I couldn’t make that pedal sound anything like but Bagpipes.

I don’t know if that’s creative or not, but it turned me off to buying a Fuzz Probe, and subsequently, a Fuzz Factory.

As I was putting the pedal back on the shelf the guitar shop clerk said “I have heard a lot of sounds come out of that pedal, but never Bagpipes! How’d you do it?” I told him I tried several settings and I couldn’t get it to sound like anything else!

Still not ready to give a regular Fuzz Factory a go. Shudder.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:40 am

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:18 am
s_mcsleazy wrote:
I was interested in the Fuzz Factory many years ago. I tried out a Fuzz Probe one day in a shop. It’s a Fuzz Factory with a copper plate for expression control. I couldn’t make that pedal sound anything like but Bagpipes.

I don’t know if that’s creative or not, but it turned me off to buying a Fuzz Probe, and subsequently, a Fuzz Factory.

As I was putting the pedal back on the shelf the guitar shop clerk said “I have heard a lot of sounds come out of that pedal, but never Bagpipes! How’d you do it?” I told him I tried several settings and I couldn’t get it to sound like anything else!

Hehehe...sound like a Fuzz Probe alright :D

...for what it's worth, I never liked the Fuzz Probe I tried back in the mid 00s.

The Fuzz Factory setting above is pretty stable, high gain, no squeals, just Pumpkins-style wall of fuzz...I do like running an EQ pedal after it nowadays as I can find it a bit to bright with my Matchless. :)
Resident Spartan.

DeathJag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DeathJag » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:50 pm

I thought I was going to see some of this:

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:23 pm

zhivago wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:40 am
fuzzjunkie wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:18 am
s_mcsleazy wrote:

Hehehe...sound like a Fuzz Probe alright :D

...for what it's worth, I never liked the Fuzz Probe I tried back in the mid 00s.

The Fuzz Factory setting above is pretty stable, high gain, no squeals, just Pumpkins-style wall of fuzz...I do like running an EQ pedal after it nowadays as I can find it a bit to bright with my Matchless. :)
I probably should give it a go. Nels Cline seems to like his. I have a couple multiple control fuzz pedals, but a Fuzz Face type circuit with more than a knob or two seems like overkill to me.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:47 pm

DeathJag wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:50 pm
I thought I was going to see some of this:

:D 8)
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:48 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:23 pm
I probably should give it a go. Nels Cline seems to like his. I have a couple multiple control fuzz pedals, but a Fuzz Face type circuit with more than a knob or two seems like overkill to me.
I think it'll be worth giving one a shot, especially as prices have dropped so dramatically over the years.

I set and forget mine...the setting in the photo is definitely my favourite. :)
Resident Spartan.

Whiny Minotaur
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Whiny Minotaur » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:25 am

I recently bought a Fuzz Factory clone myself, and it quickly became my favorite diet pedal. I found it to be a lot more predictable than it’s reputation would lead you to believe, and I was able to find a few settings that I love in an hour or so. It’s always a blast to dive deep into the crazy self oscillation territory when I want to though.

It’s really cool how it interacts with the hi pass filter on my Jag. When I use the strangle switch on velcro fuzz-esque settings, I get some crazy pitch drop which against all odds are perfectly musical. I also love stacking it with my Blue Box, the Fuzz Factory cuts out a lot of the mud from the Blue Box, and it also adds an octave up fuzz around the 12th frets. Instant mayhem :w00t:
soundcloud.com/kkamaguicrow

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:47 am

It is a very misunderstood pedal for sure!

I've owned I think four over the years, and I finally got the hang of it! :D
Resident Spartan.

DeathJag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DeathJag » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:21 am

Non-topical bump to teach you a lesson about naming threads!

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:01 pm

:D :D :D :D
Resident Spartan.

CS
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CS » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:53 am

I've had mine since 2000. It takes a while to get used to. The first ten years are the worst.