RIP Fulltone

Everyone needs a stompbox.
monsterdonkey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: RIP Fulltone

Post by monsterdonkey » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:33 pm

A few months ago I tried my second attempt at asking Fulltone to send me a replacement mini pot for my Plimsoul. The pot died years ago and I could never find a drop in replacement but Fulltone wouldn’t send me one without the major hoop jumping warranty procedure. This time he just said Yep and sent me the pot for a reasonable price. This transaction impressed me enough I decided I might buy a real OCD to replace my UD, and then this happened, so I don’t know. Also I bought a Plumes that kicked the UD off so whatever.

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:44 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:48 am
That's not even true, though- the right to protest is guaranteed by the First Amendment, which only deals with government censorship.

There is no amendment that says that Guitar Center is required to carry pedals from asshole pedal makers that say things that Guitar Center is uncomfortable with.

Don't believe me? Go to your job and call the people there pussies who urinate sitting down and see how quickly you learn about exactly what rights you have.

For the record, I don't care about Fulltone's bias- he's not somebody I have to reach out to. He shot his mouth off, he's paying the price. I never did business with him and I won't.

I hope other idiots keep running their mouths.
Why don't more people realize this? The 1st Amendment protects citizens from government reprisals for speaking out against it. It guarantees the right to protest. It doesn't mean "anyone can say whatever they want whenever they want and everyone just has to deal with it."

Lobsterdeth
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lobsterdeth » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:03 am

don't ask reverb or guitar center if they're gonna stop selling jhs or danelectro pedals any time soon though
https://imgur.com/jfYqdvo
http://projects.latimes.com/prop8/donation/91187/

edit: ah man somebody beat me to the punch already, fuck
Love and hate were in the air like pollen from a flower.
--------------------------------------------------
https://shutupjam.bandcamp.com/

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:09 am

yeah fuck jhs. homophobic shyster

øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by øøøøøøø » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:20 am

Wait, Danelectro too?

Man. That's disappointing.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:23 am

Oh man, that was like 10 years ago when he gave money to the prop 8 campaign in California and got musicians all mad at him for it. But yeah, the guy who owns Danelectro is a big smelly turd.
This is an excellent rectangle

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:48 am

mackerelmint wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:23 am
Oh man, that was like 10 years ago when he gave money to the prop 8 campaign in California and got musicians all mad at him for it. But yeah, the guy who owns Danelectro is a big smelly turd.
I'm glad he ended up wasting his money and losing customers.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Lobsterdeth
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lobsterdeth » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:54 am

mackerelmint wrote:
I thought it was hilarious when he was featured on the JHS Show of all things.
Hilarious in a bad way, I mean.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:46 pm

øøøøøøø wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:20 am
Wait, Danelectro too?

Man. That's disappointing.
Danelectro's CEO is known to be this way for many years now. Actually there should be a thread on OSG about it from years ago.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:14 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:48 am
mackerelmint wrote:
I'm glad he ended up wasting his money and losing customers.
I never thought about it that way. Hahahahaha! That dipshit.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Lobsterdeth wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:03 am
don't ask reverb or guitar center if they're gonna stop selling jhs or danelectro pedals any time soon though

I'm curious about something. Do you know how old that reddit (or whatever it is) back and forth with the JHS guy actually is? The picture says 2 months or whatever, but I don't know how old that image actually is. He ducked a lot of flak by saying he cut ties with his homophobic church, but still seems to have them, at least as of a couple of years ago. If that image you put up is more recent than that, it's a great bit of evidence against his supposed "pro equality" stance.

Lobsterdeth
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lobsterdeth » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:35 pm

mackerelmint wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:18 pm
I'm curious about something. Do you know how old that reddit (or whatever it is) back and forth with the JHS guy actually is? The picture says 2 months or whatever, but I don't know how old that image actually is. He ducked a lot of flak by saying he cut ties with his homophobic church, but still seems to have them, at least as of a couple of years ago. If that image you put up is more recent than that, it's a great bit of evidence against his supposed "pro equality" stance.
I think it's from Youtube. I have no idea how old it is, I just thought it was pretty telling.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:10 am

mackerelmint wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:18 pm
Lobsterdeth wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:03 am

Not sure about that exact screenshot, but the dude has been called all sorts of things for the past 5 years, and people are picking apart everything he says as either being disingenuous or some sort of hateful non-apology, non-explanation dog whistle. He's been tarred and feathered, rightfully or wrongfully, by the internet pitchfork carriers who probably can't afford his shit anyhow. As far as I'm concerned, nothing he says or does will ever win back a majority of these people. Same with Fulltone and whoever else has opened their mouth and said or done something that people have disagreed with.

Frankly, I have never bought a JHS pedal and I am NO fan of religion, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of his pedals if I really wanted or "needed" it. If he says he's no longer apart of a weirdo hate-church, then great! If he personally starts killing gay people, then I'll light my torch and gather some pitchforks too.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:15 am

Well, he supposedly no longer attends that church, but hires from its congregation pretty heavily despite his claim. And he's totally cagey and won't give a straight (heh) answer when asked his position on gay people, so...

Pitchforks ahoy, I guess.

soggy mittens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by soggy mittens » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:56 am

Damn I hadn't seen that conversation, yeah as a lesbian I've seen this sort of thing before, typically when someone is accepting of lgbt they can actually say they are accepting/ supportive, and he doesn't do that he instead dodges the question in a very political way. Also using the wording "if my kids were gay I would love them and respect their choice", being gay is not a choice and anyone that is accepting and is asked a question publicly with the history they have and wanting to actually clear the air *moves closer to the mic* would not say that.
That is a real shame because while I try to respect people's opinions and points of view and don't typically like to reflect or echo exclusion I don' t think I'll be watching the JHS show no more, or using their pedals. I've avoided danelectro since the late nineties and never used Fulltone directly, I'd rather support companies that can openly support me and people like me.
If OSG has tort me anything...