DBA ROOMS

Everyone needs a stompbox.
crazypaws
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

DBA ROOMS

Post by crazypaws » Sat May 30, 2020 12:32 am

Who has one? What do you think? What’s your favorite setting?

Personally, I highly recommend running in stereo. Really savage drones w/ amazing gated reverb. Not as trashy as in all the online demos but it can get noisy if provoked. I JUST got mine in the mail and am looking forward to cranking it tomorrow and playing around w/ it.

e

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: DBA ROOMS

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sat May 30, 2020 3:45 pm

i misread this and thought it said dragonball z rooms. i was going to mention the hyperbolic time chamber.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Sat May 30, 2020 9:06 pm

Not familiar with it. Sounds interesting.

Is it anything like the RM-1N?
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sun May 31, 2020 5:59 pm

crazypaws wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 12:32 am

Personally, I highly recommend running in stereo. Really savage drones w/ amazing gated reverb. Not as trashy as in all the online demos but it can get noisy if provoked. I JUST got mine in the mail and am looking forward to cranking it tomorrow and playing around w/ it.

e
I absolutely love the look and layout of DBA pedals. But, I feel like they are catered to only noise music. Nothing wrong with that. With their price tag, it makes me reluctant to grab one because I feel I would be missing out on versatility. Really would like to get my hands on some just to check them out to see if there’s more beyond their marketed appeal

crazypaws
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazypaws » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:00 pm

I can totally see how you’d feel that way. I felt the same for ever but then i got a reverberation machine for cheap in portland. It’s very dreamy and pretty versatile. Fast forward a couple years, my wife got me an echo dream 2 for Christmas. It took a minute for me to get into it but once tweaked to my liking i have to admit i love it. Super sensitive and versatile. Your correct that DBA definitely advertise more towards noise kids but don’t let that shit fool you. ROOMS has some of that slowdive drone vibe reverb to it w/ some Swirlies Jeremy Parker w/ a little devo edge. To me... but yes, unfortunately pricey :/
Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 5:59 pm
crazypaws wrote:

e
I absolutely love the look and layout of DBA pedals. But, I feel like they are catered to only noise music. Nothing wrong with that. With their price tag, it makes me reluctant to grab one because I feel I would be missing out on versatility. Really would like to get my hands on some just to check them out to see if there’s more beyond their marketed appeal

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:11 pm

Did you get yours direct from DBA or through a dealer?

I placed my order through DBA over a month ago and haven’t received it yet. Kinda sucks if dealers already have them before direct customer orders were filled. I could’ve held onto my money all this time, and had it sooner.

crazypaws wrote:

e

crazypaws
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazypaws » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:17 am

Yikes! I ordered mine off Reverb from a shop somewhere in the midwest. I’ll look em’ up and PM you the shop info but it came in the mail in about 3 days 😬 Last I checked they had 2 in stock.

I would support DBA directly but lately they seem overwhelmed. I remember the good ol’ days.. 2011-2014 they were crushing it.
daydreamdelay wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:11 pm
Did you get yours direct from DBA or through a dealer?

I placed my order through DBA over a month ago and haven’t received it yet. Kinda sucks if dealers already have them before direct customer orders were filled. I could’ve held onto my money all this time, and had it sooner.

crazypaws wrote:

e

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:52 pm

Thanks, they have my money so I‘ll just have to wait it out. I totally get that they’re overwhelmed. I’ve been patient because I know how bad things were in NYC the past couple of months. I’m just bummed that I’m still here waiting when dealers apparently got stocked up by DBA and are shipping to their customers. I guess I’ll know better next time

So it’s good?

I’m really happy with my Meteore but couldn’t resist ordering the Rooms.

kaboodle45
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kaboodle45 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:45 pm

I have so much reverb but I still want Rooms