Tremolo before/after cascading delays

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Drill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Tremolo before/after cascading delays

Post by Drill » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:31 am

Hey everyone,

Just posted this video where I wanted to try/show the effect of tremolo after/before cascading delays. Using 3 delays on meris hedra, a long reverb on Cathedral, and a Big Box Deluxe Memory Man. The tremolo (used before and after all this chain) is a Swamp Thang clone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StBDKxq ... 3_xCr6kM-l

Guitar: Heit Deluxe v2
Amp(s): Soldano Sp 77 + Matamp SL 120 + Orange 2x12

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Re: Tremolo before/after cascading delays

Post by fuzzjunkie » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:53 am

Sounds Cool.

For your next assignment, put the tremolo in between the delays 8)

Lol. But that’s where mine is. El Capistan-Voodoo Vibe-Timefactor-Space. With the Tremoverb setting on the Space I can do: Multi-head tape echo - expression pedal controlled Tremolo - Dual digital or tape delay - Reverb - choppy Tremolo.

I barely have to play the guitar. Put a Big Muff in the mix and it plays itself. Brian Eno would be proud!

Drill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Drill » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Ahah,
In this context is for a more controlable ambience.
I really like the tremolo last in chain, but is a bit too much sometimes... But with a grit added to it, it's a really cool kinda lead post/sound.

For my next assignment I'm think of something with the Meris and its 3 voices :whistle:

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:41 pm

Damn. That all sounds like fun. I may have to try some of that with the delays that I have left over.

Do you mean the Polymoon? I’d like to hear that, those things do some cool stuff.

I should play around with mine more, I just kind of like where they’re set right now. One day I’ll get more experimental, at least on one, since I have the 4 button switch to save a few of the settings.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

gregrus
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by gregrus » Tue May 19, 2020 6:30 am

Delays are always the last in my pedalboard chain. I just like the sound of it.

OffsetUsername
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by OffsetUsername » Tue May 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Drill wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:31 am
Hey everyone,

Just posted this video where I wanted to try/show the effect of tremolo after/before cascading delays. Using 3 delays on meris hedra, a long reverb on Cathedral, and a Big Box Deluxe Memory Man. The tremolo (used before and after all this chain) is a Swamp Thang clone.
How are you getting along with the Hedra? I don't gel with mine too much but I figure more of that's due to me not using it well.

Drill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Drill » Wed May 20, 2020 3:07 pm

OffsetUsername wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:43 pm
Drill wrote:
Hey everyone,

How are you getting along with the Hedra? I don't gel with mine too much but I figure more of that's due to me not using it well.
How many times have you read the manual? Less than 3 is not enough... :D
It really depends on how you want to use it. It's not the most versatile delay, nor is the prettiest one.
You really have to be looking for the kind of sound and quality that it can produce regarding the 3 pitch voices. That, for me, is the thing that sets it apart.

I usually go for the simple and intuitive kind of gear, but I really looked through before buying, so I knew what I was getting into and I'm not regretful at all. The controls are pretty simple to memorize, to get the sound you want it might be more tricky, that I reckon (specially if you're not into music theory - like me).

Try using it just for delay, then add one voice. Experiment with the intervals, scales and modes. Then add another voice. Then the other.

OffsetUsername
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by OffsetUsername » Wed May 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Drill wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:07 pm
OffsetUsername wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:43 pm
Drill wrote:
Hey everyone,

How many times have you read the manual? Less than 3 is not enough... :D
It really depends on how you want to use it. It's not the most versatile delay, nor is the prettiest one.
You really have to be looking for the kind of sound and quality that it can produce regarding the 3 pitch voices. That, for me, is the thing that sets it apart.

I usually go for the simple and intuitive kind of gear, but I really looked through before buying, so I knew what I was getting into and I'm not regretful at all. The controls are pretty simple to memorize, to get the sound you want it might be more tricky, that I reckon (specially if you're not into music theory - like me).

Try using it just for delay, then add one voice. Experiment with the intervals, scales and modes. Then add another voice. Then the other.
Haha I've read it a few times, I'm guessing I don't get the sensitivity as well as I thought. Like even when I set it up for their presets, on the same settings I somehow managed to get completely different sounds haha. Either way I appreciate the input and will take your advice!.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Wed May 20, 2020 5:31 pm

I've never tried the Hedra, but I have the Polymoon, Mercury 7 and Ottobit, Jr. I had the Enzo but sold it, wasn't for me.

Meris pedals are complicated, especially from a controls point of view to me, because of the dual nature of the knobs that sometimes aren't really related. I haven't delved that deep into a lot of them to check out all that they can do (and it's always a lot), I just find something that works well and go with that.

I really should make cheat sheets for the controls and play around with them all.
-David

Drill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Drill » Thu May 21, 2020 9:08 am

I'll might end up buying a Mercury 7 too! :)

The controls are a bit hard to get on the spot you want sometimes I agree, but I only notice that on the scales/key knob mostly.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Thu May 21, 2020 9:22 am

I really like the Merc 7. One big thing (with all of them, for me) is to set it to ignore the knob settings on startup, and go with the last saved sound. That way you can always dick around with it, but as long as you don’t save it, you still have your most recent favorite sound, just kill it & power it up again for the last preset.

I have a pretty good number of reverb pedals, but I think the Merc 7 is my favorite. It’s not for everyone, a friend bought one and didn’t care for it, I think he got an Empress instead.

Second fave is probably the Neunabor Immerse - lots of choices, and pretty straight forward on the controls.
-David