Does anyone here have a Ludwig Phase II Guitar Synthesizer? EDIT: OBTAINED

Everyone needs a stompbox.
øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Does anyone here have a Ludwig Phase II Guitar Synthesizer?

Post by øøøøøøø » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:08 pm

somanytoys wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:11 am
Interesting sound, are there some good variables, or does it have only 1 or 2 acceptable/useable sounds?
It's basically got fuzz that you can blend in, repeat percussion that you can turn on or off or blend in, three different band pass filter settings where two band pass filters are sync'd up somehow, and you can pulse those either with the pedal or with the same variable-rate LFO that drives the repeat percussion.

And there's a switch that seems to make the fuzz interact with the filters in two different ways, but I haven't quite figured that out yet.

The fuzz itself is really, really cool. And of course the vowel-like filters are the most unique aspect. I wouldn't say it "only has one or two acceptable/usable sounds" but it definitely has a "thing" it does. Obviously in the clip I posted it's doing something folks normally don't do... which is basically just the fuzz and a really fast filter animation ("counter"). I'm much more accustomed to hearing people use it for a slower "yoi yoi yoi" as on SY "The Diamond Sea."

I'm most interested in getting it to do anything but that :)

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Re: Does anyone here have a Ludwig Phase II Guitar Synthesizer? EDIT: OBTAINED

Post by fuzzjunkie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:10 pm

That sounds a lot like my A/DA Final Phase with the overdrive cranked up!

I haven’t heard that from the few Phase II sound bites online. I didn’t know it had a repeat percussion either. I thought it was mostly the vowel filter sweeps, fuzz, and maybe a little octave?

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:32 am

The fuzz side of Jon’s didn’t work right. After I fixed that part , it sounded right. Didn’t have to calibrate it. Enjoy!

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:20 pm

That sounds cool as hell!!! Definitely has a 70s vibe which ALWAYS makes me smile 8) 8)
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384