Dual Delay Pedal Suggestions

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Dual Delay Pedal Suggestions

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:00 pm

What are the current options for single pedals that have dual delay settings?

I own an eventide timefactor and want to add another dual delay to my board. Rather than getting another eventide, I wanted to explore options
Last edited by Unicorn Warrior on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Single Box Dual Delay Suggestions

Post by somanytoys » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:19 pm

It may not be what you’re looking for, but the Meris Polymoon is awesome.

Not sure if it’s a dual, but it’s stereo and very versatile.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Dual Delay Pedal Suggestions

Post by Embenny » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:55 am

The Strymon DIG seems like a good option to try out. I have no idea how it stacks up head to head with the Eventide, but if you need two dual delays (man I'd like to hear the music you're playing with this!) and wanted slightly different options from each, that'd be the first place I look personally.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:06 am

mbene085 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:55 am
The Strymon DIG seems like a good option to try out. I have no idea how it stacks up head to head with the Eventide, but if you need two dual delays (man I'd like to hear the music you're playing with this!) and wanted slightly different options from each, that'd be the first place I look personally.
Basically I like a lot of ambient possibilities. I want one delay dedicated to U2ish repeat delays for lack of a better way to describe. Somewhat percussive and rhythmic in nature. And I want another dedicated to ambient drive/build stuff ala explosions in the sky, slowdive, etc..Yes, the strymon might be a good option. I also see that the newer boss dd-250 has a dual delay setting. I would like to possibly even kick the eventide off the board in favor of a smaller pedal as it sucks the milliampsfrom my power supply. It’s so hard to change and set presets. I’ve got no interest in doing that in the middle of a song that needs it hence why I just want another pedal to stomp on and engage. Would like to make more room on my board too if possible

nanamour
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nanamour » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:28 am

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:06 am
mbene085 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:55 am
Basically I like a lot of ambient possibilities. I want one delay dedicated to U2ish repeat delays for lack of a better way to describe. Somewhat percussive and rhythmic in nature. And I want another dedicated to ambient drive/build stuff ala explosions in the sky, slowdive, etc..Yes, the strymon might be a good option. I also see that the newer boss dd-250 has a dual delay setting. I would like to possibly even kick the eventide off the board in favor of a smaller pedal as it sucks the milliampsfrom my power supply. It’s so hard to change and set presets. I’ve got no interest in doing that in the middle of a song that needs it hence why I just want another pedal to stomp on and engage. Would like to make more room on my board too if possible
As a DIG owner, I can confirm that it'll do what you're after in spades--ample shaping options while still being very user friendly, clear, percussive repeats, and is equally at home doing the cavernous modulated reverb thing at shorter delay times. Well worth a shot!

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:05 am

Thanks. The DIG sounds great honestly. I used to have one when I first started using pedals, but I didn’t understand power supplies and my board was just shutting down and I didn’t know why. I later found out that powering 2 strymons along with a handful of other pedals with a one spot wasn’t a good idea. At the time I really couldn’t afford an expensive isolated supply to justify keeping it so sold it and I never really got the feel for it.

I may give it another shot.

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 pm

The Visual Sound Dual Tap Delay comes to my mind but I've got no personal experience. Also the Mooer Ocean Machine might be worth a look if you're into ambient styles.

Edit: this just appeared in my youtube feed: https://youtu.be/tWQzbItIz2Y
Destiny? :o

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:37 pm

I remember liking the sound of the Dig in demos, but I've never been a Strymon fan personally, though I'm in the minority there I think. There aren't a ton of dual delays that I've seen, but one that hasn't been mentioned is the EQD Disaster Transport Sr. You can run either delay separately, run them in series (maybe parallel also?), and it has modulation on one of the delays and reverb on the other. 3 footswitches and very versatile. More of an analog sounding delay though.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:38 am

I’ve got the Disaster Transport Sr, and it is heaps of fun. It’s definitely a slightly darker/analog sounding delay, so it depends what you’re after. Yes the delays can be run in parallel or series, so you can create some pretty weird repeats.

J.