Porky Primecut's Burns Buzzaround Clone

Everyone needs a stompbox.
mijmog
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Porky Primecut's Burns Buzzaround Clone

Post by mijmog » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:29 am

A while ago I was lucky enough to receive this amazing clone of the famed Burns Buzzaround fuzz from fellow forum member Porky Primecut aka Mark. It sounds amazing and its just what I've been looking for in terms of attack and aggressiveness, though it can get very liquidy and sinewave-esque when needed, its moved onto my board to take the role of the "nasty freakout" fuzz.

I just wanted to share the gut shot of this fuzz, the incredible workmanship Mark has put in, it is a thing of beauty. Cheers man!

I'll try and post soundclips when I get time.

Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Porky Primecut's Burns Buzzaround Clone

Post by Trout » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:33 am

That is clean indeed 8)
#sitdownrock at https://staffanandersson.bandcamp.com/album/det-hemliga-namnet

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:50 am

that is so cool. i LOVE the knobs + dials. i have a dizzytone clone (similar to buzzaround i think?) and i absolutely adore the sound but it's too full-on for any band i've been in :D

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:54 am

I'm glad you like it, Joe. It took way to long to get to you.

I wish I could take full credit for it but I have to give thanks to an old amp tech here in Leipzig who helped me get it up & running.

I can't wait to hear sound clips! :)
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:58 am

Buzzarounds are a very versatile fuzz, congrats!

That is a very nice looking example. I wouldn’t mind if all my fuzz pedals looked like that, just in different colors.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:57 am

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:50 am
that is so cool. i LOVE the knobs + dials. i have a dizzytone clone (similar to buzzaround i think?) and i absolutely adore the sound but it's too full-on for any band i've been in :D
Yes, everything about that is stunningly beautiful, and I’m sure the sound matches. Really great job, an OCD person could stare at that wiring for hours with no problems.

I have a few of the JT Dizzytones, a gold one for guitar and 2 blue ones for bass. They can be dialed back a good bit, but they are monsters.

Not sure if those are totally similar to the BBs or not, but I do like them.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

antisymmetric
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by antisymmetric » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:11 pm

I don't even know how the Buzzaround is supposed to sound, but I'd have that on my board just so I could look at it. 8) :-*
Watching the corners turn corners

RuffiansFC
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RuffiansFC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:48 am

antisymmetric wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:11 pm
I don't even know how the Buzzaround is supposed to sound, but I'd have that on my board just so I could look at it. 8) :-*
think early king crimson

I have a buzzaround clone that i'm not too hot about. it gets the job done in the studio, but is a nightmare in a live environment (doesn't play well with other pedals on my main board). i'd be interested in a more in-depth review because I am a Fripp junkie who already has a foxey lady clone to get those 70s tones. Getting a better buzzaround is definitely on my agenda.

RuffiansFC
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RuffiansFC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:51 am

somanytoys wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:57 am
MechaBulletBill wrote:
Yes, everything about that is stunningly beautiful, and I’m sure the sound matches. Really great job, an OCD person could stare at that wiring for hours with no problems.

I have a few of the JT Dizzytones, a gold one for guitar and 2 blue ones for bass. They can be dialed back a good bit, but they are monsters.

OCD is not anal retentiveness. Staring at the immaculate wiring work isn't going to do much to stop one's horrifyingly intrusive thoughts and compulsive rituals to ease said thoughts. Speaking from personal experience but ymmv.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:01 am

RuffiansFC wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:51 am
somanytoys wrote:
MechaBulletBill wrote:

OCD is not anal retentiveness. Staring at the immaculate wiring work isn't going to do much to stop one's horrifyingly intrusive thoughts and compulsive rituals to ease said thoughts. Speaking from personal experience but ymmv.
I am glad that a lot of modern pedal builders take the extra care to build quality layouts and wiring and don’t just make the outside interesting. A dozen years ago some of the boutique builders were notorious for amateur looking rat’s nests that looked like I did it myself.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:07 pm

RuffiansFC wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:51 am
somanytoys wrote:
MechaBulletBill wrote:

It was just a joke, a compliment towards the nice workmanship I didn’t mean it to be a “fix” for it, just that it wouldn’t induce added tensions that it otherwise might if it were a mess.

It wasn’t a dig of any kind. Apologies if that bothered you in some way. Maybe I should have said ADD, since that’s my struggle.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.