Help me order my pedals...

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Help me order my pedals...

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:06 am

Nice and tidy looking! I've played around with those Mooer cab-sim pedals and they actually sound pretty decent!
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:24 am

Not to derail the thread, but I don’t use a looper very often, sometimes I go for a Sound-On-Sound type delay but not looping to play something else on top.

When you put the looper after delay, doesn’t the delay getting looped on top of other delays cause a big mess?

I like the idea of phaser after the looper, but I think I ‘d want to delay the loops too, rather than looping delays and reverbs together and smearing it all together. Or does that not happen?

JONFROMJERSEY
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JONFROMJERSEY » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:04 am

I never thought of putting the delay after the looper... My looper syncs to the clock in the delay, and the delay helps me stay in time, so I don´t know if it would work for me. But just like I put the phaser after the looper for the effect, I suppose I could use the delay the same way. I sometimes try to play some "ambient" style stuff, and some "krautrock" too. For now I will try to leave this setup alone.

Although.... the Subdecay phaser is currently for sale. I think I would get by with a simpler, cheaper phaser, like the Carl Martin Two Faze. It´s less than half the price of a used Subdecay Quasar DLX. So if I get lucky and sell the DLX there will be a new phaser in its place. OR... maybe a Gigrig 321 or a Carl Martin Match Box...

GAS!!!!!!!!

PS The Mooer Radar is VERY useful. I got it used for like 800 SEK (80 USD) and it was worth every cent. The simulated amps and cabs sound great and are really distinct from each other.

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:15 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:24 am
Not to derail the thread, but I don’t use a looper very often, sometimes I go for a Sound-On-Sound type delay but not looping to play something else on top.

When you put the looper after delay, doesn’t the delay getting looped on top of other delays cause a big mess?

I like the idea of phaser after the looper, but I think I ‘d want to delay the loops too, rather than looping delays and reverbs together and smearing it all together. Or does that not happen?
It all depends on what you are doing with your loops, and what you are doing with your delay/reverb etc. What if you want a clean (no delay) rhythm layer and then play lead with delay over it? If your delay is after your loop and your loop contains multiple layers, then ALL of them will have that delay effect added to them, you can't just put delay on 1 single layer. Maybe that's what you want to do, though. Sometimes you want a room reverb over your entire sound, not just a thick effect on a single layer or moment. (If your amp doesn't have reverb then you may want to stick a reverb pedal after your loop.)

soggy mittens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by soggy mittens » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:24 pm

I used to have the Subdecay Quasar DLX and I couldn't get a half decent phaser sound out of it, ridiculous. Thinking it would be the ultimate do-all phaser pedal. >_>
I proceeded to journey through a slew of alternative phasers and found the mooer ninety orange to be the most pleasing to my ears.
If OSG has tort me anything...