Wet vs Immerse

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Wet vs Immerse

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Have read that a lot of people are preferring the wet on the net. Not sure why and wondering who has experience with both.

The immerse appeals to me for more features. But at the end of the day the main purpose is for an always on verb to compliment my playing when I’m not using the more in depth sounds on my eventide space.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Wet vs Immerse

Post by somanytoys » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:22 am

I’ve never used the Immerse, but I do have a Seraphim that has the same Wet algorithm as the regular Wet (2nd gen algorithm, I think), from what I understand.

The Wet is good, unique, but I tend to prefer other reverbs. But the Seraphim has one of the better shimmers, I find. I would think that the Immerse would be better, just because of the choices available on it. But I do think it has like the 3rd gen of the wet algorithm, which is why some people may not like it as much.

Another option is to get their stereo pedal that you can load with their different pedals’ software. Maybe not the Immerse, but the Wet, Seraphim, their delay, and whatever else they offer - 1 pedal can be many. Forget what it’s called, and not sure if they still make it, but I’d think it would be available used.

*Edit: it’s called the Expanse - link:
https://neunaber.net/collections/pedals ... ts/expanse
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.