Triple Vintage NPD (Mu-tron and Electro Harmonix) - pic heavy

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Drill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Triple Vintage NPD (Mu-tron and Electro Harmonix) - pic heavy

Post by Drill » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:09 pm

When I saw the Mu-tron for sale I knew I wanted it, but when I was searching about it and saw a thread here where there was some love I jumped on it immediately ::)
Now I have a problem, I reaaallly like my Zvex Wah Probe (that's being repaired). I usually don't keep pedals that are not on the board, but I might open an exception. At least until I'm sure which one is my favourite.
From what I experienced, (although they're definitely different!) it has the same "complex"/"lush" sound through the sweep as the Zvex, it's more than just "wah wah" but it has some "nuances" to it. Also, it can be "warm" and "phasey" which is how I like a wah pedal, but it seems to have more range than Zvex.

I also found this great combo deal with the Russian Big Muff (it's my third, and I think it's the oldest version I've ever had, it definitely sounds "thicker" ) and my first Deluxe Memory Man :-* I never thought I would own one and I totally get why it's one of the most highly regarded delays.

Finally, what do you guys do regarding rust? Could recommend me something? I'll probably just leave it, but don't want it to spread.

Finally pr0n:

Last edited by Drill on Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Triple Vintage NPD (Mu-tron and Electro Harmonix) - pic heavy

Post by somanytoys » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Damn, nice scores! Yeah, you may want to make an exception to that rule in this case...

Not sure what to recommend as far as rust. If nobody has any good advice here, I think I'd search on the internet, and try those recommendations in one of the least noticeable places, in a very small area that has rust, to see how it works.

Good luck and congratulations!

*edit: also, I think that the guy that used to make these at EHX does repairs. I've never used him, but here's the info if you want to check it out:
http://www.howardmickdavis.com/FixorMod.htm
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

Drill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Drill » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:23 pm

Did a little video demoing these pedals in case anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOaRcDf ... NZRmtH833M

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Sounds great!

I’ve been using MuTron C-200s for about 15 years. There really isn’t anything else out there that sounds the same. They aren’t great for more standard, midrangey sounds but for what they do, do :-*
A death’s head ring upon his finger

Drill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Drill » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:51 am

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm
Sounds great!

I’ve been using MuTron C-200s for about 15 years. There really isn’t anything else out there that sounds the same. They aren’t great for more standard, midrangey sounds but for what they do, do :-*
Love your rig!
It was your post that made me jump on it! You are an instigator to my addiction ;D

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:58 am

Drill wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:51 am
i love sharin foo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm
Sounds great!

Love your rig!
It was your post that made me jump on it! You are an instigator to my addiction ;D
Ha! Thanks!

Lucky we aren’t a self help group here.. quite the opposite!
A death’s head ring upon his finger