NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Everyone needs a stompbox.
User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8456
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 pm

Gavanti wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:58 pm
Seems like it would be a great v.2 feature for these pedals. One of my favorite features of the Walrus Monument is the ability to tap in a brief pulse.
Yeah, it's kinda too bad, but I've got my EQD Hummingbird for that. The V4 has the flexi-switching, so you can do exactly that.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10387
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Maggieo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:43 am

I just discovered that the Havoc switch can be used as a fader- if you slowly lift your foot, either the reverb or the trem will slowly fade away. That it a big plus, and I've been using it for song and solo endings.

Now if I could just write and record a decent song. :(
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8456
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:07 pm

Interesting. The Parabola I ordered is out of stock for a couple weeks, but I'll have to try that. I wonder if the Kilobyte reacts slow to the Havoc (feedback) if it's released slowly...
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
601210
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:55 am

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by 601210 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 am

Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 am
Gavanti wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:45 am
marqueemoon wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:02 am
That Parabola looks pretty cool. Can you engage the Havoc mode starting with the pedal bypassed, or does it need to be on first?
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:33 am
Wondering that myself. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever tried the Havoc on my Kilobyte with the pedal off...
I don't know about the Parabola, but the Meteore and Kilobyte need to be on to engage the havoc switch.
Yep. Tried it.
Weird, it works that way on my Meteore.

https://imgur.com/GN6yAFA

(Turn on sound; loud warning)

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10387
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Maggieo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:07 am

601210 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 am
Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 am
Gavanti wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:45 am




I don't know about the Parabola, but the Meteore and Kilobyte need to be on to engage the havoc switch.
Yep. Tried it.
Weird, it works that way on my Meteore.

https://imgur.com/GN6yAFA

(Turn on sound; loud warning)
I'm going to have to tweak the settings on it and try again!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8456
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 am

Cusack Music Tap-A-Delay Deluxe
Maggie, I just found this and thought of you. I've heard their Tap-A-Delay, which sounds really good, but I'd never heard of the deluxe version. Apparently, you can ramp up or ramp down the delays, in either a snap-to or slide-to function. Reminded me of what you were talking about with the Météore. Stefan from The Pedal Zone does a REALLY killer demo (like most of his).
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10387
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Maggieo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:45 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 am
Cusack Music Tap-A-Delay Deluxe
Maggie, I just found this and thought of you. I've heard their Tap-A-Delay, which sounds really good, but I'd never heard of the deluxe version. Apparently, you can ramp up or ramp down the delays, in either a snap-to or slide-to function. Reminded me of what you were talking about with the Météore. Stefan from The Pedal Zone does a REALLY killer demo (like most of his).
That's pretty damn cool.

But good gravy, I'm already swimming in delay pedals! I promised myself that the only delay I'm allowed to buy is a vintage Roland Space Echo.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8456
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:02 am

Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:45 am
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 am
Cusack Music Tap-A-Delay Deluxe
Maggie, I just found this and thought of you. I've heard their Tap-A-Delay, which sounds really good, but I'd never heard of the deluxe version. Apparently, you can ramp up or ramp down the delays, in either a snap-to or slide-to function. Reminded me of what you were talking about with the Météore. Stefan from The Pedal Zone does a REALLY killer demo (like most of his).
That's pretty damn cool.

But good gravy, I'm already swimming in delay pedals! I promised myself that the only delay I'm allowed to buy is a vintage Roland Space Echo.
Right?!? On just my guitar board, I've got a Catalinbread Echorec, Caroline Kilobyte, and EQD Space Spiral, not to mention my Red Panda Context which has the delay mode on it! I don't need another one. But delay is SO good.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10387
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Maggieo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:13 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:02 am
Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:45 am
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:26 am
Cusack Music Tap-A-Delay Deluxe
Maggie, I just found this and thought of you. I've heard their Tap-A-Delay, which sounds really good, but I'd never heard of the deluxe version. Apparently, you can ramp up or ramp down the delays, in either a snap-to or slide-to function. Reminded me of what you were talking about with the Météore. Stefan from The Pedal Zone does a REALLY killer demo (like most of his).
That's pretty damn cool.

But good gravy, I'm already swimming in delay pedals! I promised myself that the only delay I'm allowed to buy is a vintage Roland Space Echo.
Right?!? On just my guitar board, I've got a Catalinbread Echorec, Caroline Kilobyte, and EQD Space Spiral, not to mention my Red Panda Context which has the delay mode on it! I don't need another one. But delay is SO good.
You are definitely my brother.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8456
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:17 am

;D What can I say? Delay makes me happy. Sometimes I just listen to demos when I want music 8)
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10387
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Maggieo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:24 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:17 am
;D What can I say? Delay makes me happy. Sometimes I just listen to demos when I want music 8)
OMG, I thought I was the only one who did that!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8456
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:13 am

Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:24 am
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:17 am
;D What can I say? Delay makes me happy. Sometimes I just listen to demos when I want music 8)
OMG, I thought I was the only one who did that!
Definitely not! There are some I listen to for tone references (pedals that I already own) and some that are just songs in their own right. My favorite, probably of all time (no pun intended)? Pink Floyd - Time jamming by Bjorn Riis AKA Gilmourish. Early Floyd with humbuckers? Incredible tone? Most amazing version of Time solo? Yes to all! I'd HIGHLY advise you to listen to this in the car with the windows wide open and the volume WAY up. Fucking epic!!
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8456
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:57 am

Damn. My Parabola came yesterday and I tried it out this morning. Didn't think I'd ever find a tremolo that I like better than my EQD Hummingbird, but this thing kills. I love how the 2 modes are definitively different. I think the Hummingbird will be perfect on bass board too.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10387
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Maggieo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:58 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:57 am
Damn. My Parabola came yesterday and I tried it out this morning. Didn't think I'd ever find a tremolo that I like better than my EQD Hummingbird, but this thing kills. I love how the 2 modes are definitively different. I think the Hummingbird will be perfect on bass board too.
I knew you'd love it! :w00t:
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8456
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:41 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:58 am
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:57 am
Damn. My Parabola came yesterday and I tried it out this morning. Didn't think I'd ever find a tremolo that I like better than my EQD Hummingbird, but this thing kills. I love how the 2 modes are definitively different. I think the Hummingbird will be perfect on bass board too.
I knew you'd love it! :w00t:
Oh yeah! It's a great tremolo in general, but has a really nice clarity to it. I've always been a fan of phasers too, so having the option of the frequency modulation trem is epic. I was running it in the slow mode with FM selected, and had some modulation on my Kilobyte, and it was instant Uni-Vibe/Leslie tones.

I want to try it out on the bass too, because having that extra overdrive with the pre-amp knob might be useful. I technically bought it for the bass, but I don't think I'll be able to let it off the guitar board. I'm quickly becoming a bit of a Caroline fanboy. Did you hear about their two new releases at summer NAMM? Update to the Kilobyte (called the Megabyte; which has tap tempo and I believe still has the Havoc switch for feedback) and a lo-fi modulation called the Somersault
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

Post Reply