Everyone needs a stompbox.
somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Recommed A Chorus Pedal For Me

Post by somanytoys » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:34 pm
I just said, “screw it,” and bought a Waza Craft chorus on Reverb.
The CE-2w? Everyone seems to love the old CE-2, so I would think that the CE-2w would be even better. Have you ever used the old version before, to compare, even by memory? I assume that this one is in stereo, which always makes things better.

I've never tried an old version DC-2 to compare, but the Seraph and the DC-2w are both really great, and the stereo effect has to just make it better. I love them both, no regrets at all.

I've sold a lot of old Boss pedals that I used to have, except for the BD-2s, a PS-3 and a TU-2, and didn't think I'd really be buying any more Boss pedals, but the waza DC-2 made a believer out of me. I'm actually kind of looking forward to see what else they come out with in their waza line.

I hope you like yours, you'll have to let us know what you think of it.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

matthew a

Post by matthew a » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:21 am

I really want to try the CE2w. Enjoy!

A few years back I bought the reissue stereo polychorus and it was so ridiculous it didn’t last long on my board. I moved to a TC Eleclonic Corona Chorus because I loved the clean sound Brand New had. That pedal was either too subtle or too much for me. The Mr Black modulated verb sounded great, but didn’t need verb. So ended up back at the old blue box, and it was perfect. Simple and that chorus sound I wanted.

cyclopean
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cyclopean » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:30 pm

are you sure you want chorus and it's not a phaser or flanger you're looking for?

Mike S
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mike S » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:48 am

matthew a wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:21 am
I really want to try the CE2w. Enjoy!

A few years back I bought the reissue stereo polychorus and it was so ridiculous it didn’t last long on my board. I moved to a TC Eleclonic Corona Chorus because I loved the clean sound Brand New had. That pedal was either too subtle or too much for me. The Mr Black modulated verb sounded great, but didn’t need verb. So ended up back at the old blue box, and it was perfect. Simple and that chorus sound I wanted.
Was it the big box version or the XO Reissue that sounds nothing like the original? I'm talking about the big box with the on/off switch and the inverted, high voltage power supply.

SonicC
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SonicC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:49 am

I’d probably go with the Ibanez CS9. Easy to dial in a sound and cheaper than a CS-2.

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:36 pm

cyclopean wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:30 pm
are you sure you want chorus and it's not a phaser or flanger you're looking for?
Don't confuse the lad!
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

Mike S
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mike S » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Chorus Pedals I've personally tried:
EHX Small Clone: Great, Dark versatile, easy.
EHX Nano Clone and Neo Clone: Poor imitations
EHX Clone Theory: Crap
Digitech Multi Chorus: Digitial, difficult to dial in. Sound like an AC unit.
EHX Stereo PolyChorus: Awesome, weird, echoey chorus. Stereo option. Can be difficult to dial in. Can produce the most ear-splitting feedback ever.
EHX Stereo PolyChorus XO: Tighter, less noisy, not as versatile as the big box. Just sounds off.
Univox Uni-Vibe: The chorus setting sounds neat, but controlling it with the foot switch is a bit odd. Then again, the switch was like, 50 years old.
MXR Uni-Vibe: Nothing special. Not as good as the original.
Boss CE-2W: Basically a CE-1 and CE-2 in one unit with a better buffer. Very warm, but not as deep as the EHX units. Reminded me of some of the settings on the DOD analog stereo flangers.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Just throwing a couple other options out there...

Caroline Guitar Company is about to release or has recently released the Somersault, which sounds pretty good from demos I've heard.

Also, I was sent an email to Jessica from Deep Sea Diver, because I was curious what her super lush chorus sound on Body On The Tracks was, and she told me that it's actually a POG2 with the detune turned all the way up. Thought that was super cool!
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

Plumerai
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Plumerai » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:21 am

I recently sold an Ibanez Bi-mode Chorus (BCL). Not as thick sounding as the Analogman, but gets a crazy 80's chorus sound.

http://effectsfreak.com/effect/ibanez/b ... de_chorus/

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:52 am

somanytoys wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:07 pm
Maggieo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:34 pm
I just said, “screw it,” and bought a Waza Craft chorus on Reverb.
The CE-2w? Everyone seems to love the old CE-2, so I would think that the CE-2w would be even better. Have you ever used the old version before, to compare, even by memory? I assume that this one is in stereo, which always makes things better.

I've never tried an old version DC-2 to compare, but the Seraph and the DC-2w are both really great, and the stereo effect has to just make it better. I love them both, no regrets at all.

I've sold a lot of old Boss pedals that I used to have, except for the BD-2s, a PS-3 and a TU-2, and didn't think I'd really be buying any more Boss pedals, but the waza DC-2 made a believer out of me. I'm actually kind of looking forward to see what else they come out with in their waza line.

I hope you like yours, you'll have to let us know what you think of it.
I played around with the CE-2w a bunch since your post. I think it both nails, IIRC (the 80s were thirty years ago!) the original and has sounds that surpass it. If I hooked up my Belle Epoch, I reckon I could go full Andy Summers for days. It's that good.

I've only played it in mono, through the Milkman 1w, and it sounds so full and rich, it's like there's a reverb tank lurking around, even when there isn't.

I'm extremely pleased with it. Waza Craft has won me over.

“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:13 am

I have an original CE-2 and I think it's just "okay." It doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't get very strong chorus effects either. It's a pretty subtle pedal.

Mike S
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mike S » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:10 pm

I broke down and found a surprisingly cheap DOD FX75-B.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:06 am

That’s awesome, thanks for that.

Yes, it seems like Boss is stepping up their game with the waza line, they’re old classics/standards, and the waza line seems to bring them into the present. I’m a little curious to see what all else they issue in the waza line.

I don’t know for sure about the CE-2w, but I know with the DC-2w, using the stereo mode into 2 amps does magical things. Magical. Things.

Worth a try...as cool as it sounds now, that may put it over the top.

And just to go ahead and say it, every time I see or type waza, I think of the old Budweiser commercials.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:00 am

For fifty bucks, this is a winner.

I played one yesterday, and it's got its own vibe going on, which I liked. I think I'd be more likely to use it with my Moog Grandmother than a guitar, though.

But hey, it's fifty bucks.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Meriphew » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:24 am

I'm using a Caroline Somersault. Highly recommended. Sounds sooo good.