NPD x3. Tremolo / delay / reverb

Everyone needs a stompbox.
raphaël
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NPD x3. Tremolo / delay / reverb

Post by raphaël » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:44 am

I just got 3 new pedals...it was my birthday, and I had a late Christmas present from my parents to choose.
So I bought those :w00t: !!!

I had my first rehearsal with the new pedalboard last night, it was awesome.

The ARP-87 is incredible. Perfect delay for my needs. I don't really like delays and never really knew how to use them. This one offers 4 delays type, and great sounding ones. And somehow it's super intuitive and I know what to do with this pedal AND delays. Super happy.

The Starla is phenomenal. I had the opportunity to choose between the Chase Bliss Gravitas, Stone Deaf Tremotron and this Dawner Prince Starla. The gravitas seemed clinical. And super expensive. Niet.
I always wanted to buy the Tremotron. But all this digital core and lights everywhere scared me.
And then a Starla popped up locally, for super cheap. I'm glad I bought it, I'm completly in love with it, all the waveshapes are insanly usable and good sounding. To me it is THE tremolo.

The Levitation, on the other hand, I don't really know. I was sold the first time I saw the demo of the V1 from Andy when he was still with PGS, you know, that super 60's sounding piece of song, with a Tele and a LP. It is exactly the kind of sound I like.
Anyway, I can't have those sounds right now. I am a bit disappointed. BUT I like it very much nonetheless and it adds some bright and space, perfect addition to the Surf Rider (this one is :? :? ).

And here is the whole pedalboard (just a few pedals to go - fuzzes, vol, wah... - and I think I will be done) :
Very happy with it. Into a 1968 Princeton ;)

excuse the shitty phone pics, my camera just died...
Did you know there was a planned obsolescence ? It's a Canon, EOS 400D. I used it with confidence for the last 11 years... 70.000 pics taken. And I just learned that it is programmed to die after 50.000 triggering.
I mean come on, seriously >:( >:(

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NPD x3. Tremolo / delay / reverb

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:05 am

That is a sweet setup!! I may have to look into the ARP-87.

One thing with the Levitation I'll say is that: don't let PGS/Reverb Andy make the decision for you. For inspiration, yes. Find other demos for pedals that sound good for a pedal for the decision though. Andy can make ANYTHING sound good, and I've had a few pedals that I didn't care for, but his demos still sound good for. For realism in demos, I usually use either JustNickMusic or Mike Hermanns' demos.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:53 am

That Starla looks cool. Good looking setup overall.

Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:06 pm

Congrats, all 3 are among my favorites!

I'm surprised you thought the Gravitas was clinical sounding, I'm still hanging onto mine, but for me the perceived subjective shortcomings are the semi-grungy funky character that I haven't figured how to dial out (not that that's always a negative, I 'm just usually looking for kind of specific character to my trem, usually a bit more amp-like...) and a bit of option overload. I've found my Starla a bit more articulate and more intuitive to dial.

I'd say give the Levitation time. It's still the plate style verb I grab first any way. Mine is a V1 though so maybe they changed some stuff up? What isn't it doing for you? You should have a pretty awesome verb duo between that and the Surf Rider III IMO (that's my spring pedal of choice so far too :) )