Everyone needs a stompbox.
MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fuzz pedal SHOW OFF thread

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:29 am

That sounds like a thread for me! :w00t:

So this is my current collection.

Newest additions first: to the right: JPTR FX "Silbermaschine" (a 60s style dual fuzz circuit with a decent octave up) and in the left top corner: Lichtlärm "Golden Compass" (a prototype that contains a vintage fuzz voicing, a modern one and one for massive destruction for doom/sludge etc.).
I got these two because their makers claimed they might take me somewhere that Italo Western road...
Sadly the Sergio (Prototype of the Morricone Fuzz by Twangtone - who "started" this Italo-Western competition) never made it to me - got lost somewhere in Regensburg/Germany due to DHL... :fp:

The rest: left to right:
bottom row: Surfadelic Soundwaves Mindfuzz (Fuzz Face), Blackout Effectors Fuzz Bear V1 (Tone Bender MKII with some extras), Death By Audio Super Fuzz War (with a Boost section and both of them have internal dipswitches for some tonal experiments)
top row: Fuzzritea DIY Guitar PCB American Fuzz Pro (I tried to add two different tone filter caps yesterday... but I may need another toggle for this, as it's an on-off-on; I'd need a triple-on I think...) and last but not least Voodoo Lab Superfuzz (a Jordan Bosstone Fuzz with additional tone and resonance control - the latter takes you from real vintage 60s tones to something more Bass-Heavy and modern.

Pacafeliz wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:59 am
- Sekova, missing the bottom plate. Such a simple looking circuit, but very powerful sounding!
Is the Sekova somewhat close to a Maestro FZ-1 Fuzz-Tone?

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:55 am

I think so, yes!
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

uraniumwilly
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by uraniumwilly » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:33 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:01 am
I've long lusted after one of those Psychedelic Machines, more a stand-alone unit than a pedal (although maybe it has a footswitch?). The one I almost bid on many moons ago was a Companion-branded model, eventually selling for something like £900! It was mint but still....

I'd be interested to hear more of your opinion on the range of sounds you can get. From what I've heard it seems like a very different beast to my Vox Ultrasonic (another multi-effects unit that's all built-in to the guitar), what with that pre-UniVibe phase-shifting setting it has built in.
I bought an Eko Multitone years ago that seemed to have the same Ultrasonic circuit but actually sounded pretty bad in comparison. The fuzz on the Vox (a silicon Tonebender) is incredible.
If there's a footswitch, I'm not an owner of one. I'm sorry to say I find the range of fuzz sounds to be minimal. There's hardly any capacity for the unit to vary the fuzz in fuzz mode. Otherwise it's just piled on to the trem and vibrato - something outrageously out of control. However, if you simply want a one dimensional harsh fuzz from the 60s, it does that in spades. And that's fun, sometimes. That said, imo the value of the unit actually comes from the vibrato and tremolo. It's got a really good feel to it.

As an owner of such modern fuzzes as King of Tone, Fuzz Factory, Big Cheese and a few others, the only use I have for this fuzz is if I'm going for a real gritty garage sound. I've fooled around a bit with reducing the harshness, but got bored, to be honest. It's a novelty item, mostly.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:07 am

2 are with friends but here is the 4 i always keep around. and mitsy
nyc big muff (modded to have more gain and some more mids)
4 screw black russian (modded)
1 knob fuzz
fuzz factory
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'