Subdecay Liquid Sunshine?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Zorro
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Subdecay Liquid Sunshine?

Post by Zorro » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:49 pm

So, I got a Subdecay Liquid Sunshine overdrive coming my way next week, and it would be nice to hear if someone else is using this pedal, and in what application (amplifier? stacking? settings?). I will use it with my Fender Twin, for some light grit. For heavier parts I got a Rat and a Fulldrive.

pj
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Subdecay Liquid Sunshine?

Post by pj » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:32 am

I have had one for a number of years. Mine, I believe, is the second version to come out with the two internal dipswitches. I love it for boost and a tiny bit of grit. I think it makes a Telecaster in the mixed neck and bridge pickup combination sounds absolutely astonishing. It is the best pedal I have ever used for this application. I also stack it sometimes with a Zoom Powerdrive or a Frontone Peachfuzz. I have used it with THD, Vox, and Fender amplifiers. It is a great pedal.

Zorro
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Zorro » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:27 am

Thank you! Did you use it stacked into the fuzz or after it, and did you ever use those internal switches? I believe that my version is the same as yours, the second one. :)

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:05 am

I've had a mkII for a couple of months now, the orange box one with the boost switches inside. Brilliant pedal, best overdrive I've ever had. Settings are very intuitive, it's hard to get a bad sound out of it. I use the bass boost when playing my Bass VI, with guitars I leave them off. It's excellent in combination with other overdrive/distortion pedals too, though oddly enough I have to put it after my Rat, not let it feed into the Rat (sounds quite bad that way, and the difference is huge). That seems to have more to do with the Rat though; I can never have other gain pedals feed into it. So what I've got to say is: you've got a lot to look forward to and you might wanna go Rat->Liquid Sunshine rather than the other way around.

Zorro
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Zorro » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:53 am

Thank you for answering! Yes, I will try it booth ways with my old RAT, and mine is a little bit picky too. Maybe one could think about LS as a form of foundation or preamp pedal, like Dirty Little Secret and so on, and hit it with the rest of the stuff, other dirt boxes, delays etc. I think I will have it delivered on Thursday this week.

pj
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pj » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:22 am

I think I messed with the dip switches when I first bought it and then ended up putting them in the original positions. I use mine before a Zoom Powerdrive overdrive and a Frontone Peachfuzz.