Strymon Favorite Switch

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Meme Library
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Strymon Favorite Switch

Post by Meme Library » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:09 am

Hey guys, I recently got a Strymon Favorite Switch. I have a Deco, Flint, and El Capistan. Can you think of any cool uses for it? Do you guys use a favorite switch?

Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Strymon Favorite Switch

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 am

I like it a lot w/ the Deco and the Flint for having additional presets. Haven't really used it much w/ my El Cap as I barely plug that one in.

It's extra cool w/ the multiple effects models IMO as you get 4 fairly easy to access effects in ~1.5 pedals worth of real estate.

I haven't really felt the need to use it as as an external tap personally, but AFIK I think that's about the extent of what you can do w/ it.

Meme Library
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Meme Library » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Sid Nitzerglobin wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:47 am
I like it a lot w/ the Deco and the Flint for having additional presets. Haven't really used it much w/ my El Cap as I barely plug that one in.

It's extra cool w/ the multiple effects models IMO as you get 4 fairly easy to access effects in ~1.5 pedals worth of real estate.

I haven't really felt the need to use it as as an external tap personally, but AFIK I think that's about the extent of what you can do w/ it.
Which presets do you use it for?

Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:35 pm

On the Deco I've got it as a fairly clean tape saturation on the one side and a short slap on the delay for the favorite and a crispier dirt enhancer and swirly choral flange dialed on the knobs. A lot of my favorite amps don't have trem or a spring tank so for the Flint I've got the bias trem and a moderate spring on the favorite and a usually a bubbly harmonic trem and what ever other verb setting I was playing w/ last on the verb dialed on the knobs.

thisisnickpaige
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thisisnickpaige » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:03 am

Something Strymon confirmed to me is with the use of a TRS Y cable you can have one switch activate favourites on two pedals. Which is mighty nifty.

I’m looking into getting a DIG to pair with my Flint . Settings I’ve been doing with the Flint is a deep bright cavernous 80s reverb with a slight tube trem to give it some movement for the one click favourite setting, then on the pedal I have surfy style shorter bright percussive 80s reverb and then a jazzy tube trem on the other side. And as Sid said I’m really just recreating/missing my old SF Twin’s onboard reverb and trem.
Jesus

redchapterjubilee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by redchapterjubilee » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:10 am

I use one with my El Capistan. On the box I set a low repeats slap back-ish sort of sound, but with the favorites I access a longer delay with more feedback and modulation and the onboard reverb maxed. I'm so used to this combination (been running like this for 5 years) that I'm ruined for using any other delay live.