A nice Fuzz that works on Bass VI and on Jag/JM?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
kgbAttack
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: A nice Fuzz that works on Bass VI and on Jag/JM?

Post by kgbAttack » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:41 am

Thanks guys. I have actually never had a Big Muff but I did enjoy playing with my Turbo Rat for many years. Three weeks ago I tried a EQD Hoof Fuzz which sounded great but didn't exactly clean up as I hoped. The Brothers from Chase Bliss IC channel fuzz cleans up real nice and I can stack it up to the other channel to create more muffish tones. Really happy now :)

Kinx
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Kinx » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:56 am

I like my Basic Audio Spooky Tooth fuzz - takes my JM very well and it offers huge variety of sounds thanks to the texture and saturate knobs, these act as some sort of sweep filters. Works fine with volume pot on my guitars and handles low tunings as well.

Check out my band, The Atavists ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-HZtrljMg

kgbAttack
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kgbAttack » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:26 am

Kinx wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:56 am
I like my Basic Audio Spooky Tooth fuzz - takes my JM very well and it offers huge variety of sounds thanks to the texture and saturate knobs, these act as some sort of sweep filters. Works fine with volume pot on my guitars and handles low tunings as well.

This looks cool!

pj
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pj » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:12 am

Shoe Pixel is wonderful with bass and baritones as well as guitar and synths.

[url]http://www.shoepedals.com/pixel.html/url]

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:57 pm

If you're still looking around, I have a couple of suggestions that I think may be the type of thing you're looking for, able to be used for bass or guitar, and cleans up really well with the volume knob. They aren't terribly cheap, but they are nice.

I recently got 2 Jext Telez pedals, a UniDrive with hamburger transistors, and a Dizzy Tone V5 Triple Black. Both work really great for bass, and they will also work on guitar, but one or both may put out more lows than you're used to or want, I don't know. These are the newer pedalboard friendly versions, btw..

The UniDrive is made to push the front of the amp, a drive that gets a nice growl, especially if there's any grit to your amp, but it also gets some good sounds on its own through a clean amp. The Dizzy Tone is a straight up fuzz, and it has a lot of lows as well. It can be dialed in kind of low, but it's not exactly subtle, it rips, especially when it's turned up, almost at all. It seems to me to be an on or off pedal, where the UniDrive can go from subtle to pretty growly. But both clean up with the bass's volume knob pretty quickly. These 2 models are specifically designed & made to respond well to the lower registers, which is why I bought them for bass.

I also bought the saucer edition UniDrive and the V4 Dizzy Tone for guitar, which are awesome and what got me looking seriously at the bass versions. And I don't regret it at all.

I think they're around the $200-250 price range.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.