I think I got a problem

Everyone needs a stompbox.
User avatar
fortytwo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am
Location: CoPenHagen

I think I got a problem

Post by fortytwo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 am

I've been hoarding my pedals in various cases, but I got the chance to buy a flightcase with drawers in it, hoping it could store the major part of my pedal collection, and is does.
Well there are still three small cases left after i got done piling pedals in there, and I haven't even brought out any of my EHX pedals, or my Mu-Tron pedals, or all the pedal I got stashed in placed I forgot about.
I think I might need an extra one for all those pedals. :fp:

Yes, most of the drawers have pedals in layers, except the 1st and the 4th.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
parry
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 7802
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Contact:

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by parry » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:16 am

Is this some sort of a trick?
Your subject line specifically includes the word "problem".

I see no problem here. :shifty:
NEW USER FAQ ANSWERS: Mastery trem, Staytrem bridge, Spitfire tort, replace electronics, replace pickups, match headstock, replace Squier logo with Fender, witch hats, amber switch-tip, flatwounds (heavy)

User avatar
panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 14907
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:09 pm
Location: baltimore, md.

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by panoramic » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:28 am

Image
you know what i see? Awesometown
i used to be cool

User avatar
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1920
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by MechaBulletBill » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:30 pm

you collect cases? ???


;D

User avatar
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 13873
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:30 am
Location: glasgow

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:37 pm

i would normally agree.... but you have a ibanez flying pan. so you dont have a problem
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

User avatar
zhivago
Mods
Mods
Posts: 20597
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by zhivago » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:53 pm

I am speechless! What collection...how come you have three Frantone trems? :)
Resident Spartan.

User avatar
fortytwo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am
Location: CoPenHagen

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by fortytwo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:11 am

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:30 pm
you collect cases? ???


;D
I mostly collect cases, to have other cases in, it's really bad on space in my storrage unit. ;)
zhivago wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:53 pm
I am speechless! What collection...how come you have three Frantone trems? :)
I bought two of them back when Fran was in business the first time around, for a board for this band I was playing it. Then she went out of business, and I liked how pristine they were, so I bought the third one for a board that never really happened, for a band that didn't exist, and then I decided that I needed tap trem, so that's what I'm doing now.
I still really like them, and I've tried selling one at one point, but it didn't sell, so I still have it.

User avatar
Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 6631
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:48 am
Location: Burbs of Washington DC

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by Jaguar018 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:31 am

That is an amazing collection! :w00t:

I have the mentality where I'd try and sell all the unused/neglected pedals and convert it into something I'd use more, but I respect being able to build such a stash.

User avatar
fortytwo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am
Location: CoPenHagen

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by fortytwo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:31 am
That is an amazing collection! :w00t:

I have the mentality where I'd try and sell all the unused/neglected pedals and convert it into something I'd use more, but I respect being able to build such a stash.
I more have the mentality where I see if I can scramble the extra cash from somewhere else, and then keep what I have, plus get something new, I'm not sure it's healthy anymore. :derp:

User avatar
Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 6631
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:48 am
Location: Burbs of Washington DC

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by Jaguar018 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 pm

fortytwo wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 am
I more have the mentality where I see if I can scramble the extra cash from somewhere else, and then keep what I have, plus get something new, I'm not sure it's healthy anymore. :derp:
Probably not. :D

There are some gear hoarders on here. The longer you hang out in forums like OSG the more of them you see. There are some pretty crazy collections out there. We all have different excuses. Bands, potential bands, studio use, doubles in case of theft, floods, ninja attacks, etc. .

As long as you can afford it I don't think it's really a problem. Some people really just like collecting things.

I see pedal hoarders, compared to amps and guitars as not as 'extreme,' but there are always people out there that can prove me wrong. :jacked:

User avatar
fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat
Posts: 2876
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:32 am
Location: Seattle

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by fuzzjunkie » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:50 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 pm
fortytwo wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 am
I more have the mentality where I see if I can scramble the extra cash from somewhere else, and then keep what I have, plus get something new, I'm not sure it's healthy anymore. :derp:
Probably not. :D

There are some gear hoarders on here. The longer you hang out in forums like OSG the more of them you see. There are some pretty crazy collections out there. We all have different excuses. Bands, potential bands, studio use, doubles in case of theft, floods, ninja attacks, etc. .

As long as you can afford it I don't think it's really a problem. Some people really just like collecting things.

I see pedal hoarders, compared to amps and guitars as not as 'extreme,' but there are always people out there that can prove me wrong. :jacked:
What’s funny to me is that most of the time I see a big pedal board or collection and think “There’s only one or two out of those 24-30 pedals that I would want, and I already have them. “ At least this collection has 4-5 that I would want today and another 6-7 that I wouldn’t mind having or already have. Of course the larger the stash, the greater the odds!

User avatar
popvulture
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 4:05 pm
Location: Austin

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by popvulture » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 am

I can help you with that problem if you feel like hocking that Big Cheese :P

User avatar
fortytwo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am
Location: CoPenHagen

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by fortytwo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:32 am

popvulture wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 am
I can help you with that problem if you feel like hocking that Big Cheese :P
I know what you mean, I just got it, but have spent the better part of the last couple of years saying the same thing to a friend of mine, who also owns one. ;D

User avatar
Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 6631
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:48 am
Location: Burbs of Washington DC

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by Jaguar018 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:00 am

fortytwo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:32 am
popvulture wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 am
I can help you with that problem if you feel like hocking that Big Cheese :P
I know what you mean, I just got it, but have spent the better part of the last couple of years saying the same thing to a friend of mine, who also owns one. ;D
Whenever I see interesting collections like this, my knee-jerk reaction is to say "I'll take the ____ pedal if you're selling" but these days I've learned to hold back.

User avatar
popvulture
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 4:05 pm
Location: Austin

Re: I think I got a problem

Post by popvulture » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:57 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:00 am
fortytwo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:32 am
popvulture wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 am
I can help you with that problem if you feel like hocking that Big Cheese :P
I know what you mean, I just got it, but have spent the better part of the last couple of years saying the same thing to a friend of mine, who also owns one. ;D
Whenever I see interesting collections like this, my knee-jerk reaction is to say "I'll take the ____ pedal if you're selling" but these days I've learned to hold back.
Haha I try to do that... with most pedals. Some get the best of me, though.

Post Reply