Danelectro Shift Daddy.

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Donny Scott
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Danelectro Shift Daddy.

Post by Donny Scott » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:20 pm

Hello, their. The new guy here. I got a Danelectro Shift Daddy. Looks like a classic care with a real working taillight. A classic car grill from the front. It is so cool. 1 It was never very popular. 2 It never really took off. So why was it disliked? Anyone had one? I love my pedal. It is used for Rockabilly mostly. I got that from the video review of it.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Danelectro Shift Daddy.

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:29 pm

i can only speak for the wah they did that was similar but the quality was really poor. plus it had zero resistance on the foot plate so it felt like a toy.

the only think i liked about it was it had a setting on it that reminded me of the geordie accent
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

Donny Scott
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Donny Scott » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:29 am

Why is that? mine is heavy metal and plastic. Why was the other poor quality? :(

Donny Scott
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Donny Scott » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:39 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:29 pm
i can only speak for the wah they did that was similar but the quality was really poor. plus it had zero resistance on the foot plate so it felt like a toy.

the only think i liked about it was it had a setting on it that reminded me of the geordie accent

Was your pedal cheap plastic or something?

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:09 am

Donny Scott wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:39 am
s_mcsleazy wrote:

yeah. it felt like the same kinda plastic used to hold yer chocolates in place in a milk tray
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

Donny Scott
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Donny Scott » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:09 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:09 am
Donny Scott wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:39 am
s_mcsleazy wrote:

yeah. it felt like the same kinda plastic used to hold yer chocolates in place in a milk tray
Mine is metal and plastic Both. The plastic is thick. And some metal. It is built like a tank. Wonder why the other was made out of cheap plastic? Did it save money?