Diy Delay Pedal + Modulation

Everyone needs a stompbox.
MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Diy Delay Pedal + Modulation

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:43 am

Hey folks!

Short question this time, I promise! :-)

I built myself a Deep Blue Delay Clone in a DIY workshop - using the enclosure broadside I hadn't enough space with all the knobs and jacks to build that whole thing together - so I used the only other enclosure I had at home (my stripped Carl Martin Flanger box, I had used for a Fuzz+Range Master Combination before).

So now I have still space in an on that enclosure left - and wanted to know if anyone of you can suggest a chorus/vibrato style diy-kit - preferably one knob only (I could still drill holes but the good old Deluxe Memory Man also has only one knob for chorus/vibrato and a switch to choose between those two, if I've understand that pedal from only seeing it).

Or if no modulation kit - what else could I do with one footswitch and one knob? A booster? Yeah, sure... what else?

Thank you!

salty
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Diy Delay Pedal + Modulation

Post by salty » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:14 am

What about adding a a footswitch selectable effects loop that allows putting another pedal into the delays repeat path? Maybe use the extra knob position as a mix parameter. Of course you need to drill holes for the send return, but you could probably get away with just one hole using a stereo jack to carry the send and return signlas...

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Hmmm. Never really looked into a pedal's fx-loops before.
I'd also love something "freezy/cathedrally" like with a building up feedback wall when I hit the second footswitch - "infinity mode". Is this basically an fx-loop? Or how else can one achieve that effect?

Or a built in octaver that just octaves the repeats? With a mix knob.

Any other suggestions?

Steadyriot.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Steadyriot. » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:07 am

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:09 pm
Hmmm. Never really looked into a pedal's fx-loops before.
I'd also love something "freezy/cathedrally" like with a building up feedback wall when I hit the second footswitch - "infinity mode". Is this basically an fx-loop? Or how else can one achieve that effect?

Or a built in octaver that just octaves the repeats? With a mix knob.

Any other suggestions?
'infinnity mode' would be a feedback loop! You could surely use the second switch for that. You just input the signal from the output back into the input.

Trem could be cool too! I would go with seperate jacks for each effect too; so you can patch it any way you want.
"If someone duetted with a Bald Eagle, they could rule the Country charts from here to eternity." ~shadowplay