NPD - Demeter Tremulator

Everyone needs a stompbox.
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NPD - Demeter Tremulator

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:18 am

I was really trying to focus on saving for a future build, but this popped up on craigslist at a price too good to pass up, so I caved.

I was immediately impressed by how heavy and solid it is. Got to use it at practice last night and it’s definitely thicker/fuller sounding than the Malekko I’ve been using, and there’s a little volume bump. With the depth at zero it makes for a pretty decent boost. There’s one song is particular that I play with a 4th fret capo and high on the neck that works much better with this sound than that of my regular boost. I’ll have to remember to add this to my setlist notes so I remember where to set it song to song. Fortunately the pots are sturdy enough to turn knobs with feet though.

The speed and depth ranges are pretty usable and there’s a big sweet spot. It does get cartoonishly fast, but since it’s sine wave only I don’t think it sounds that good at that kind of a setting (where I like a harder chop). It works best for classic trem sounds (which I prefer anyway).

Overall I’m pretty happy with it. It’s hard to get too excited about a pedal that makes the volume go up and down, but this seems well suited to live use.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Re: NPD - Demeter Tremulator

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:53 am

It's pretty well respected for classic trem sounds, as you say, but guys around here seem to like choppy and experimental tremolo sounds, so it doesn't get much mention at OSG.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:04 am

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:53 am
It's pretty well respected for classic trem sounds, as you say, but guys around here seem to like choppy and experimental tremolo sounds, so it doesn't get much mention at OSG.
I have a PN-2 for the trippier stuff. ;D

pj
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pj » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:52 am

I had one for years. Great pedal.