PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: i think i'm over the whole micro pedal thing

Post by offsets4life » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:31 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:26 am
Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 pm
Mini pedals just aren't ergonomic for me. As others have said, they are difficult to keep pinned down on the board
it's not just that issue, its stepping on 2 or 3 at a time i have issue with. also adjustment on the fly is tricky when the board is 6ft away from you and you have the tiny knobs which you cant even see
I think I should have just quoted this post. :D

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:31 pm

offsets4life wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:31 pm
s_mcsleazy wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:26 am
Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 pm
Mini pedals just aren't ergonomic for me. As others have said, they are difficult to keep pinned down on the board
it's not just that issue, its stepping on 2 or 3 at a time i have issue with. also adjustment on the fly is tricky when the board is 6ft away from you and you have the tiny knobs which you cant even see
I GET IT
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

offsets4life
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by offsets4life » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:04 pm

[/quote]
[/quote]

I GET IT
[/quote]

Sorry pal, didn't mean to double-quote the stuff you'd replied to... Forget to delete the previous...
Haven't done much on the net for a while... Old man brain, sleep dep., etc.

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:10 am

Singlebladepickup wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 am
I love my polytune mini, which I think is mooer-sized. I was intrigued by mooer's black secret, since I've never owned a rat, but I also worried it might be something I settled on as "close enough".
I have an '80s Rat and bought a Mooer thinking if it's as good I could make 250 euros selling said Rat and still enjoy its glorious rattiness.

Not even close.

As for the topic of this thread: there's definitely such a thing as too small when it comes to pedals. Another thing that annoys me about micro pedals is that so many of them seem to rely on cheap, loud switches to cut costs, which when something is that small makes it more likely to slip or detach itself from your board

soggy mittens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by soggy mittens » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 am

I still like them, never had an issue with the concept. The only pedal I've reverted back to original is rats, turbo rat. Orange ninety is irreplaceable it makes the sound that works for me compared to several other phasers ive tried. #smallfeetforthewin
If OSG has tort me anything...

agiehler
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by agiehler » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:07 am

I agree that the small boxes are usually a compromise. Some pedals actually sound good though, like the EP Boost, SP Compressor and Tumnus. Win-Win.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:16 am

I don't have very many small pedals, except for the Xotic EP booster and the TC Polytune, I think are the only ones, but both of those are pretty much always on type of pedals, so less of the problems.

Pedalboard space is almost always limited, so I can appreciate the idea of smaller pedals for that reason. But the pedals have to be really good, or at least be able to do a really good job of emulating at least one great sound from the pedal it's (typically) copying, to be worth using at all, so that the sum of all of them achieve what you're going for.

I guess if that's the case and they're otherwise working for you (sound-wise), then the easiest way to work with that (assuming that they are "set and forget") is to maybe use a controller to turn each of them on and off, instead of trying to hit the pedals' small, crowded and often cheap & noisy switches. That's what I use, even with me having mostly normal to large pedals. It's really convenient, especially if you can program the controller to control multiple pedals at once for instant changes, but the sizes of most controllers' typically eat up lots of real estate. Everything is a give & take, I guess.

Just something to consider if you really like using the small pedals, to bypass their inconveniences.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

Steadyriot.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Steadyriot. » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:55 am

I like them for my "set and forget" pedals. I run a Hotone noise gate tucked away inside my board and soon I'll probably tuck the compressor next to it.
I also have their purple wah / volume pedal which is okay but the smaller size does make it awkward sometimes; thinking of exchanging it for a slow gear copy. Which may also be tiny or TC Electronic. I use a Boss ES-8 though, which makes the stomping a lot less awkward.
"If someone duetted with a Bald Eagle, they could rule the Country charts from here to eternity." ~shadowplay