Couple of new ones...

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Couple of new ones...

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:53 am

Ran into these guys used yesterday and found them cool enough that I couldn't pass them up.

First up a Keeley 1962x, basically his Bluesbreaker in a box w/ the addition of a toggle for variety of power tube emulation. I've got a whole bunch of Marshall in a box pedals, but something about the KT88 setting seemed to be giving me something very nice that the others haven't. At the price I figured what the heck... (apologies for the stock photo, forgot to snap one of this guy...)

Second a BearFoot FX Candiru Fuzz. This thing seemed to have a really wide range of awesome aggressive fuzz character available and until now I've never checked out one of the BearFoot boxes before. I wasn't finding many fuzz driver-y kind of sound in my limited tweaking time, but I tend to use fuzz for nasty over the top sounds by at least a 10:1 ratio so no biggy there. In that space of nasty abrasive sounds I think I'm really going to like it:

I think these will be worked into a new drive section on one of my old standby board setups, just trying to decide whether I want to go w/ the Archer Ikon, a treble boost (Diamond Marquis or a EQD Bows), or the Nocturne Atomic Brain for boost duties in front of them...