Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Envelope Pedals For Bass

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Zork wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:11 am
The broadcast is one of these: http://copilotfx.com/broadcast.html
I added a few pots and switches to it to have three different lfo speeds and to switch between lfo and my expression pedal. It controls the cutoff frequency on the moogerfooger.
That is fucking SICK! I want one. I'll have to look up some demos of it, unless you have some. Since it adds an LFO to the expression, I wonder how it would sound with tremolo :w00t: :? I've been contemplating a different tremolo setup for my bass, and I was thinking Jam Pedals The Big Chill + Broadcast could be HUGE. Or terrible. I don't know. Haha.

Side note, is that the original enclosure, or did you make that one? The one in the link you sent me doesn't look like that, and honestly, the enclosure/graphics on yours looks way cooler than their current one.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Just to pump Source Audio one more time...a couple of replies have mentioned their pedals...but I use their amazing expression pedal.

I use it to control 3 pedals on my board, the Fairfield Four Eyes that I mentioned earlier, Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe(and Tremolo), and an Eventide Timefactor. It can control all these separately or simultaneously. The reason I mention it (I think in my other post too) is because in addition to doing the rock from one parameter setting to another, it also sends CV and LFO signals. It can send different LFO waveforms, including random, and can control midi devices as well.

I would need 3 separate expression pedals without it. It's programmable and sends a 10k pot code to the Voodoo Vibe, a 50k pot code to the Fairfield and 100k to the Eventide, or something like that. I could control my Space over midi and do four pedals at once, or link both Eventides together and control the El Capistan for five pedals at once. The LFO into the Fairfield is really something though.

If you're looking at the Broadcast pedal, consider the Source Audio offerings, combined they are very powerful and flexible tools.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:25 pm
Just to pump Source Audio one more time...a couple of replies have mentioned their pedals...but I use their amazing expression pedal.

I use it to control 3 pedals on my board, the Fairfield Four Eyes that I mentioned earlier, Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe(and Tremolo), and an Eventide Timefactor. It can control all these separately or simultaneously. The reason I mention it (I think in my other post too) is because in addition to doing the rock from one parameter setting to another, it also sends CV and LFO signals. It can send different LFO waveforms, including random, and can control midi devices as well.

I would need 3 separate expression pedals without it. It's programmable and sends a 10k pot code to the Voodoo Vibe, a 50k pot code to the Fairfield and 100k to the Eventide, or something like that. I could control my Space over midi and do four pedals at once, or link both Eventides together and control the El Capistan for five pedals at once. The LFO into the Fairfield is really something though.

If you're looking at the Broadcast pedal, consider the Source Audio offerings, combined they are very powerful and flexible tools.
I definitely haven't decided on anything yet! Once I'm in the new apartment, I'm gonna start messing with my bass board a bit more. I'll have it hooked up to the Tech 21 Q\Strip into my mixing board since I don't have a bass amp yet (though it sounds glorious through my Delta Blues at very low volumes). I'm still deciding on the tremolo setup, and depending on that I might be looking at an expression/LFO control. I'm almost thinking that with an expression/LFO add-on for a tremolo, I might be able to skip the envelope I was originally looking for, but I need to mess around with stuff a bit more.

Also! I forgot to mention, but another option I forgot about (in case anyone else is interested in the type of envelope I'm looking for) is the Protostar from WMD. That thing is practically Eurorack in all that it can do, but it sounds amazing! Pedals And Effect's demo of the Protostar is epic.
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:44 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Side note, is that the original enclosure, or did you make that one? The one in the link you sent me doesn't look like that, and honestly, the enclosure/graphics on yours looks way cooler than their current one.
Thank you, yes I did the enclosure. It needed a much bigger one with all the switches. I did a few pedal graphics, let me have a look if I posted them already somewhere. (Edit: I just did it here: http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/vie ... 7#p1515027)

The Source Audio expression pedal is definitely a very strong alternative to the broadcast and does practically all you can ever ask for. What it doesn't do is the abbility to cycle through different lfo speeds, that's why I keep my modded broadcast.
Last edited by Zork on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:21 am

I've got a lot of research and demoing in-person to do, but I gotta say, you guys are killing it with the suggestions!

Zork, I checked out the Co-Pilot Fx site, and their stuff is killer in general! And very reasonably priced too! He had one that I'm interested in, the Autodialer (labelled: Envelope Expression control), but the page doesn't work yet. I want to try them all! Haha.

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:06 am

https://reverb.com/item/10313766-copilo ... sion-pedal

Wanted to look it up but the site seems to work not properly. The autodialer is explained in this reverb ad. Looks interesting indeed...