What is the pedal you've chased the longest?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
zhivago
Mods
Mods

What is the pedal you've chased the longest?

Post by zhivago » Wed May 23, 2018 5:07 am

Just yesterday, I managed to buy a pedal that I have wanted for a long time....over 15 years to be exact.

In the past, the timing was never right, and I kept missing out...time, after time, after time, after time :fp: But yesterday, I prevailed. :w00t:

It was an odd feeling, like capturing a Yeti or something! :D

What pedal have you chased for years? Did you eventually find it? Are you still looking? I am curious. :)
Resident Spartan.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: What is the pedal you've chased the longest?

Post by Jaguar018 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:13 am

I do a version of pedal and effects chasing for sure.

Wanted and got a silver Klon some years back. Loved that pedal, but it was worth so much I opted to sell it. I am happy with my KTR now.

I had wanted a Roland Space Echo RE-201 for the longest time. Like ten years or so. Then I FINALLY GOT ONE. Had it fixed up... and I didn't really connect with it the way I thought I would, so I sold it on.

Still lust after those red and blue Super Fuzz pedals, but mainly for the enclosure. I have a Frederic Effects Unpleasant Companion and love the sounds and newer condition.

After a number of years I finally got to a point where I could afford a Moogerfooger 104m Delay. That thing slays. WORTH IT.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Wed May 23, 2018 7:29 am

Wait, so which pedal was it?!? You said you chased it for 15 years but didn't tell us which one!

For me, it's a late 40's DeArmond 601. THE Bo Diddley tone in a box. They're like $1,000, if you can ever find one, and need proper maintenance to keep going. I've never been in the right place at the right time to get one, and if I ever was, I don't think I's have the nerve to spend that kind of dough.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Wed May 23, 2018 7:32 am

I wanted a rackmount delay unit for a long time. The Roland SDE-3000. By the time I had money saved to buy it, it had been replaced with a newer model. My choice was a Korg SDD-3000 or the Roland DEP-5. I went with the Roland because it did more and was $100 cheaper than the Korg. I didn't know that was the Edge 's jam until later. I still look at SDE-3000s on Reverb occasionally.

I also wanted a Mu-tron Flanger, disappointed when I finally found one to try and went with an A/DA Flanger instead.

The old Electro-Harmonix 16 second delay. Gave up trying after the re-issues came out. They were a disappointment and shot the price of originals even higher.

A Sola Sound Tone Bender MKIV. Finally got one of these in 2016 (2 years ago today actually!) after scouring sales since 2012. One of the turquoise re-issues made for Sola Sound by D*A*M. Definitely NOT a disappointment!

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed May 23, 2018 8:26 am

mbene085 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:29 am
Wait, so which pedal was it?!? You said you chased it for 15 years but didn't tell us which one!
Heheh! well spotted! :)

Many years ago, back in the 90s, I bought an issue of Guitarist magazine. This was while I still lived in Greece, so it was on import.

It reviewed these weird new pedals called "Way Huge" ???

I thought "wow, that's the weirdest company name ever!" :freako:

In the review they looked at three pedals. the Swollen Pickle, another I am forgetting, and a Piercing Moose octifuzz.

Instantly, the Piercing Moose stuck in my mind. But there was no way of getting one. So I tried to forget about it. Years went past, and then the internet came along, and suddenly it occured to me that I could maybe look for one again. but they were rare and expensive. :(

One or two would crop up every year...and sometimes, I was just not looking...other times I was looking and I didn't have the money to buy one. :'(

Well, finally, at 40 years of age...20+ years on after the first time I saw it in the magazine, I have a Way Huge Piercing Moose octifuzz on the way.

...all I can say is, it better sound good! :D
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed May 23, 2018 8:28 am

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:32 am
I wanted a rackmount delay unit for a long time. The Roland SDE-3000. By the time I had money saved to buy it, it had been replaced with a newer model. My choice was a Korg SDD-3000 or the Roland DEP-5. I went with the Roland because it did more and was $100 cheaper than the Korg. I didn't know that was the Edge 's jam until later. I still look at SDE-3000s on Reverb occasionally.

I also wanted a Mu-tron Flanger, disappointed when I finally found one to try and went with an A/DA Flanger instead.

The old Electro-Harmonix 16 second delay. Gave up trying after the re-issues came out. They were a disappointment and shot the price of originals even higher.

A Sola Sound Tone Bender MKIV. Finally got one of these in 2016 (2 years ago today actually!) after scouring sales since 2012. One of the turquoise re-issues made for Sola Sound by D*A*M. Definitely NOT a disappointment!
oh man, some great choice there! I always wondered about the EH 16 Sec Delay...EH made some amazing stuff back then! :)
Resident Spartan.

Jazzmastervsjaguar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jazzmastervsjaguar » Wed May 23, 2018 8:36 am

Always wanted an original Boss VB-2, every year the prices would go up and up and it never made financial sense. I just picked up the Waza version last year and I love it. NO longer GAS-ing for an original but I definitely still look from time to time.

fortytwo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fortytwo » Wed May 23, 2018 10:34 am

zhivago wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:26 am
Well, everyones ears are different, but mine sounds great, and knowing Jeorge' build quality I'm pretty sure yours will sound great too, so I hope you'll like it.

I'm still chasing the original Way Huge Camel Toe, Sasquatch and Super-Puss after 15-16 years of collecting Way Huge pedals.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed May 23, 2018 10:45 am

fortytwo wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 10:34 am
zhivago wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:26 am
Well, everyones ears are different, but mine sounds great, and knowing Jeorge' build quality I'm pretty sure yours will sound great too, so I hope you'll like it.

I'm still chasing the original Way Huge Camel Toe, Sasquatch and Super-Puss after 15-16 years of collecting Way Huge pedals.
WOW! You have a Piercing Moose!? I had no idea! Very cool! I have a great feeling about it...I think it'll work...I've been through lots of fuzzes lately, and this is the last one on my list :)

I hope you can find the WH pedals you're looking for...especially the Supa-Puss...Jeorge made 3 or 4 if I remember correctly? 8)
Resident Spartan.

fortytwo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fortytwo » Wed May 23, 2018 11:06 am

I almost have them all. ;D

Yeah, he made 4 Super-Puss', 10 Sasquatch', and 25 Camel Toes.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Wed May 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Many years ago, back in the 90s, I bought an issue of Guitarist magazine. This was while I still lived in Greece, so it was on import.

In the review they looked at three pedals. the Swollen Pickle, another I am forgetting, and a Piercing Moose octifuzz.
I think it was the Red Llama?!? I remember that article I think? I didn't look at Guitarist often. Guitar Player had a bigger article around the same time that had those three, plus the Rhino, Platypus, and the Camel Toe.

I remember seeing Lovetone pedals in a similar article and having a similar reaction as yours. Thought for a minute "I want all of them!" Turns out I only really wanted the Ring Stinger, which I have, but I wouldn't mind a Doppelgänger

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed May 23, 2018 1:00 pm

fortytwo wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:06 am
I almost have them all. ;D

Yeah, he made 4 Super-Puss', 10 Sasquatch', and 25 Camel Toes.
Goddamn!!!! :o :o :o

Talk about an amazing collection!! Do you have a favourite one? :)
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed May 23, 2018 1:02 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:38 pm

I think it was the Red Llama?!? I remember that article I think? I didn't look at Guitarist often. Guitar Player had a bigger article around the same time that had those three, plus the Rhino, Platypus, and the Camel Toe.

I remember seeing Lovetone pedals in a similar article and having a similar reaction as yours. Thought for a minute "I want all of them!" Turns out I only really wanted the Ring Stinger, which I have, but I wouldn't mind a Doppelgänger
I think you might be right! :)

I also remember the Lovetone review in Guitarist...they did three in one article...a Big Cheese, Brown Source and a Doppelgänger.

I agree, I'd love to try a Doppelgänger most of all...the only Lovetone pedal I've tried is the Meatball, which wasn't really my thing.
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed May 23, 2018 1:23 pm

CRAZY Way Huge collection! :wtf:

Resident Spartan.

BlueSparkle
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BlueSparkle » Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Well the truth is I am still waiting.... on "that" mailing list...
Pretty sure everyone knows the purple and gold box I'm referring to.

I am still chasing a few pedals.

Frantone Hi-Ball

analog.man sun face NKT 275 white dot

original electric mistress.
:o)
----
'95 JDMJMCS Blue Sparkle w/ McNelly 46/58's.
other non-offsets.