Dingbat Medium and Pedal Power 2 Plus : The Right Choice?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Magnatoner
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Dingbat Medium and Pedal Power 2 Plus : The Right Choice?

Post by Magnatoner » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:31 pm

I have gone literally half my life without use of a pedal board, and finally I can go no longer. I was perusing the "minimal board" thread and noticed the pp2p and how it integrates nicely into the voodoo board (obviously). I am just curious for arguments sake if there is a comparable set up.
I really like the power options on the pp2p, so preferably something with a sag option.

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Dingbat Medium and Pedal Power 2 Plus : The Right Choice?

Post by JVG » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:50 am

Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you - been playing for years but only recently started accumulating enough pedals to validate assembling a pedal board. For power supply I went with the PP 2+ and can vouch for the fact that it's a very good option. I've had absolutely no performance issues with it.

My only "problem" is that the 2+ doesn't have many outlets for pedals that draw more than 100mA, and I've now acquired a few of these. In this regard, I'm now wishing I had gone for their 4 by 4 unit, which has more high current outlets (but no sag options).

Based on that, my advice would be to carefully check the current requirements of your pedals. If the 2+ fits the bill in this regard, I totally recommend it.

Cheers!
J.

Magnatoner
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Dingbat Medium and Pedal Power 2 Plus : The Right Choice?

Post by Magnatoner » Mon May 21, 2018 7:22 am

JVG wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:50 am
Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you - been playing for years but only recently started accumulating enough pedals to validate assembling a pedal board. For power supply I went with the PP 2+ and can vouch for the fact that it's a very good option. I've had absolutely no performance issues with it.

My only "problem" is that the 2+ doesn't have many outlets for pedals that draw more than 100mA, and I've now acquired a few of these. In this regard, I'm now wishing I had gone for their 4 by 4 unit, which has more high current outlets (but no sag options).

Based on that, my advice would be to carefully check the current requirements of your pedals. If the 2+ fits the bill in this regard, I totally recommend it.

Cheers!
J.
I just saw this!
Thanks for the thoughtful advice. It turns out for me that I am currently only running low draw effects, so I pulled the trigger on the pp2+. What has blown my mind the most, by far, is how absolutely silent my setup has become. I had gotten used to the various hums and hisses all the different transformers and batteries had created. Now there is only the gentlest hum from the tube amp which is barely audible.
The sag option is definitely cool, but kind of awkward to dial in (not that I can suggest a better way than the way they've done it).
Overall, I totally endorse this unit!!!!