Triple Titan by Reuss Musical Instruments build thread

Everyone needs a stompbox.
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Triple Titan by Reuss Musical Instruments build thread

Post by MechaBulletBill » Mon May 07, 2018 3:41 am

Sounds like something that Fuzzdog or North Effects (both in UK) could do for you.

biro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by biro » Mon May 07, 2018 4:36 am

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:41 am
Sounds like something that Fuzzdog or North Effects (both in UK) could do for you.
sounds good, thank you!
i will give them a try.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:28 am

I would reach out to ChicagoStompWorks. They make some really solid clones of all the pedals you seem to want.

But no one is going to want to make this a production pedal. It's just not good business sense when profits are so hard to come by.

biro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by biro » Mon May 07, 2018 7:34 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:28 am
I would reach out to ChicagoStompWorks. They make some really solid clones of all the pedals you seem to want.

But no one is going to want to make this a production pedal. It's just not good business sense when profits are so hard to come by.
thank you! that sounds like a good option.
i’ve tried to contact Foxpedal as someone suggested a few posts ago.

i don’t care much if it’s going to be a production pedal or a one off... what matters to me is finding someone ready to build my pedal to my specs and slap his name on top of it, that’s it.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:59 am

biro wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:34 am
i don’t care much if it’s going to be a production pedal or a one off... what matters to me is finding someone ready to build my pedal to my specs and slap his name on top of it, that’s it.
I have used some 'hobby builders' for some of my custom pedal ideas. You will get what you pay for-- which is to say that the 'cheap' pedal builds did not go as well as the more expensive builds. Two of my four custom pedals actually work. I can see why you want to get a 'pro,' but most of these builders, as you are discovering, have other things going on.

The other option would be to get three cheap clones and get someone to rehouse them into a bigger box. Here is another person that rehoused a pedal for me. He might be able to take on your project: http://www.fxdoctor.com/

biro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by biro » Mon May 07, 2018 9:07 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:59 am
I have used some 'hobby builders' for some of my custom pedal ideas. You will get what you pay for-- which is to say that the 'cheap' pedal builds did not go as well as the more expensive builds. Two of my four custom pedals actually work. I can see why you want to get a 'pro,' but most of these builders, as you are discovering, have other things going on.
well, you are probably right...
i've tried to contact Foxpedals since they have a custom shop section on their website clearly stating that they support custom projects.
i've also said that i don't need them to design special circuits for me as they can pick straight from their production pedals with a few tweaks to make them fit the bill.
let's see what happens next.
Jaguar018 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:59 am
The other option would be to get three cheap clones and get someone to rehouse them into a bigger box. Here is another person that rehoused a pedal for me. He might be able to take on your project: http://www.fxdoctor.com/
rehousing is something i've considered, but i would keep this as my last option not to give up on my idea of having the pedal done the way i like it.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 am

Have you ever looked at Basic Audio?

John Lyons does great work. I have 3 of his pedals and all are awesome. He does custom work and while he's not cheap, he charges less than some other boutique builders and he is worth what he charges. He built a custom fuzz for me in under a week.

I didn't mention him before because he specializes in fuzz, but he's done overdrive, tremolo and a delay pedal or two. His Lucky Number and Futureman pedals can do clean boost to overdrive to low gain fuzz/distortion. Maybe a combo of those will work? Check out the Overtdrive and Tri-Dirty Booster too. He has made Rat and Tube Screamers with his own twists and has several Muff variations that are all top notch.

He is pretty flexible and has 10+ years experience. He will make things that aren't part if his regular rotation if you know what you want and plenty of YouTube videos to get an idea of the sounds his pedals make.

His smaller boxes put the plugs on the sides, but he can put them on top of bigger boxes. All come with battery/power option, but he doesn't do battery drawers. I power all mine but one and its not a battery eater, so I don't mind unscrewing the bottom every once in a while.

http://www.basicaudio.nethttps://m.facebook.com/basicaudiopedals/

I usually contact him through Facebook and Reverb has new and used versions of the pedals mentioned above if you want to price check.

There are some double and triple pedal combos here:

http://www.basicaudio.net/photo-gallery ... llery_id=7

biro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by biro » Mon May 07, 2018 12:07 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 am
Have you ever looked at Basic Audio?

John Lyons does great work. I have 3 of his pedals and all are awesome. He does custom work and while he's not cheap, he charges less than some other boutique builders and he is worth what he charges. He built a custom fuzz for me in under a week.

I didn't mention him before because he specializes in fuzz, but he's done overdrive, tremolo and a delay pedal or two. His Lucky Number and Futureman pedals can do clean boost to overdrive to low gain fuzz/distortion. Maybe a combo of those will work? Check out the Overtdrive and Tri-Dirty Booster too. He has made Rat and Tube Screamers with his own twists and has several Muff variations that are all top notch.

He is pretty flexible and has 10+ years experience. He will make things that aren't part if his regular rotation if you know what you want and plenty of YouTube videos to get an idea of the sounds his pedals make.

His smaller boxes put the plugs on the sides, but he can put them on top of bigger boxes. All come with battery/power option, but he doesn't do battery drawers. I power all mine but one and its not a battery eater, so I don't mind unscrewing the bottom every once in a while.

http://www.basicaudio.nethttps://m.facebook.com/basicaudiopedals/

I usually contact him through Facebook and Reverb has new and used versions of the pedals mentioned above if you want to price check.

There are some double and triple pedal combos here:

http://www.basicaudio.net/photo-gallery ... llery_id=7
looks very interesting!
plenty of options are now popping up! i couldn't be happier...
thank you all guys!

higgsblossom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by higgsblossom » Mon May 07, 2018 10:21 pm

I would have loved this to become a Reuss pedal, but instead this thread is becoming a resource for custom pedal builders - some of which I had never heard of before, in all my years on this board. Which is a nice surprise. :)
"500€? That's the price of a J Mascis Jazzmaster!"

biro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by biro » Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 am

higgsblossom wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:21 pm
I would have loved this to become a Reuss pedal, but instead this thread is becoming a resource for custom pedal builders - some of which I had never heard of before, in all my years on this board. Which is a nice surprise. :)
you are totally right!
most of the mentioned pedal builders were unknown to me as well...
as much as i would have loved to complete this project with Anders, i think i now have so many different options to choose from...
we will see if i can find a way to make it work!

higgsblossom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by higgsblossom » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:54 am

Any progress on your pedal?
"500€? That's the price of a J Mascis Jazzmaster!"