NPD-Bedroom level OD

Everyone needs a stompbox.
bluenote23
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NPD-Bedroom level OD

Post by bluenote23 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:59 am

I've posted about this on a couple of other forum but this full voltage tube overdrive pedal is presently on sale for $99 at JRockett https://rockettpedals.com/product-categ ... -products/. This pedal runs 200v into the tube (as opposed to 'starved plate' tube pedals) and they tend to be much pricier than this. I got mine 2 days ago and I am well pleased with it.

I was hoping to be able to get a natural breakup sound out of my Vibrochamp clone at bedroom, TV volume levels. At these levels, the amp is really clean. I have a Klone and a Maxon OD9 but at really low levels like this they sound thin and 'synthetic'.

But this pedal makes my amp sound like I think it should sound and feel like but at really low volume levels. So if you're not satisfied with your 'bedroom' sound, now may be the time to act.

Here are some crappy comparison clips. The Youtube demo videos make it sound much better than I can! There are two others besides this one.
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13710595

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NPD-Bedroom level OD

Post by Embenny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:33 pm

That's a great price and I'm glad you're pleased with your tone. I got over the whole tube pedal thing a while ago when I realized that many preamp (tube) distortions in amps are written off by guitarists as inadequate and most of the revered distorted tones gotten by famous guitarists over the years have involved solid-state pedals up front doing most or all of the preamp gain duties (with power tubes doing the rest).
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

bluenote23
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NPD-Bedroom level OD

Post by bluenote23 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:14 am

I guess I am in the small minority of unfortunates who, through circumstances beyond our control are unable to turn up our amps loud enough to drive the power tubes. When this is the case, at least in my situation, my SS overdrive pedals sound pretty sad.

So I found this pedal to be a happy alternative. And at this time, the pedal no longer costs as much as our little amps.