My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Post Reply
User avatar
fortytwo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am
Location: CoPenHagen

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by fortytwo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:03 am

zhivago wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:30 pm
hahah!! you're out of control! :D

By the way the Piercing Moose arrived on Saturday...it is awesome!! :-*
So out of control. :fp:

I'm glad you like it, it really is a great pedal.

User avatar
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1920
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by MechaBulletBill » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:00 am

Super Duper en route, much to my surprise :wacko: ;D

User avatar
zhivago
Mods
Mods
Posts: 20597
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by zhivago » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:43 am

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:00 am
Super Duper en route, much to my surprise :wacko: ;D
hahah!! you're going to complete the set soon!!! :D
Resident Spartan.

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 9166
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by Maggieo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:42 pm

For the love of god, someone find me a cheap Nano Head!!! I just told a buddy about 'em, and he's taking a leftover THD 10" of mine and making a poo-brown gloss cab for and a custom top for the Nano!!!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
zhivago
Mods
Mods
Posts: 20597
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by zhivago » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:42 pm
For the love of god, someone find me a cheap Nano Head!!! I just told a buddy about 'em, and he's taking a leftover THD 10" of mine and making a poo-brown gloss cab for and a custom top for the Nano!!!
I see the odd deal here and there, but they don't come up often.

It's weird with Nanos...usually either the seller prices low to move, or prices more than they are new! :fp:

Keep an eye on Reverb and ebay...something will come up :)
Resident Spartan.

User avatar
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1920
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by MechaBulletBill » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:50 am

zhivago wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:43 am
MechaBulletBill wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:00 am
Super Duper en route, much to my surprise :wacko: ;D
hahah!! you're going to complete the set soon!!! :D
I'm only really interested in getting the octane and maaayyybe the wah probe. I'd also like to try a distortron/59sound through my vibrolux but it's not exactly next on my GAS to-do list.

superduper got a 5-minute blast today. It's great! I like anything that can go from clean-ish boost to fuzz at a moments' notice.

User avatar
zhivago
Mods
Mods
Posts: 20597
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by zhivago » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:28 pm

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:50 am
zhivago wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:43 am
MechaBulletBill wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:00 am
Super Duper en route, much to my surprise :wacko: ;D
hahah!! you're going to complete the set soon!!! :D
I'm only really interested in getting the octane and maaayyybe the wah probe. I'd also like to try a distortron/59sound through my vibrolux but it's not exactly next on my GAS to-do list.

superduper got a 5-minute blast today. It's great! I like anything that can go from clean-ish boost to fuzz at a moments' notice.
I've been rocking my Wah Probe lately, real chewy Wah 8)
Resident Spartan.

User avatar
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1920
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by MechaBulletBill » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 am

has anybody tried the tea strainer mic? seems a bit daft but the description makes it sound really useful

User avatar
zhivago
Mods
Mods
Posts: 20597
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by zhivago » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:27 pm

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 am
has anybody tried the tea strainer mic? seems a bit daft but the description makes it sound really useful
I haven't unfortunately...it is interesting, but I really don't record at all (My SM 57 has just about gathered all the dust in the world), so getting one is a total stretch.

I almost bought an iMP Amp the other day, but again, realised I had no use for it. :(
Resident Spartan.

User avatar
fortytwo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am
Location: CoPenHagen

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by fortytwo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:46 am

zhivago wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:27 pm
I almost bought an iMP Amp the other day, but again, realised I had no use for it. :(
The one on ebay?
I almost bought one too, and almost invented a setup it could be used with, but I don't really need it either. :whistle:

User avatar
zhivago
Mods
Mods
Posts: 20597
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by zhivago » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 am

fortytwo wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:46 am
zhivago wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:27 pm
I almost bought an iMP Amp the other day, but again, realised I had no use for it. :(
The one on ebay?
I almost bought one too, and almost invented a setup it could be used with, but I don't really need it either. :whistle:
Yeah it was in the UK too, which made it a bit more tempting (I've been murdered with import tax charges lately)

Logic prevailed! (this time!) :D
Resident Spartan.

User avatar
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1920
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by MechaBulletBill » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:03 am

zhivago wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 am
Logic prevailed! (this time!) :D
Image

User avatar
zhivago
Mods
Mods
Posts: 20597
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by zhivago » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:10 pm

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:03 am
zhivago wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 am
Logic prevailed! (this time!) :D
Image
Hehehe! I love that TV show! :D
Resident Spartan.

User avatar
MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1920
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by MechaBulletBill » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 pm

The super duper is amazing. I've been using it at home as a heavy od/distortion/whatever and it's really great. I had a box of rock and a distortron and neither really blew me away (the distortron is a lot more useful, much easier to dial in), but i couldn't work with some weird low-end artefacts in the note decay with both variants. But the SD2-I-1 set pretty flat out just sounds like an amp ready to die, not a classic amp heard on a classic record but like a weird pawn shop find with no badge and a ratty cabinet. Really digging it.

User avatar
zhivago
Mods
Mods
Posts: 20597
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 am
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: My Zvex collection begins to expand again...oh-oh!!!

Post by zhivago » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:01 pm

MechaBulletBill wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:40 pm
The super duper is amazing. I've been using it at home as a heavy od/distortion/whatever and it's really great. I had a box of rock and a distortron and neither really blew me away (the distortron is a lot more useful, much easier to dial in), but i couldn't work with some weird low-end artefacts in the note decay with both variants. But the SD2-I-1 set pretty flat out just sounds like an amp ready to die, not a classic amp heard on a classic record but like a weird pawn shop find with no badge and a ratty cabinet. Really digging it.
It really is amazing....it can be a bit noisy at times, but the concept fo the different gain stages you can have is brilliant. :)
Resident Spartan.

Post Reply