NPD: SUF The Amherst '76 Ram's Head Fuzz

Everyone needs a stompbox.
tele_pathic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NPD: SUF The Amherst '76 Ram's Head Fuzz

Post by tele_pathic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:46 am

I'm a HUGE J Mascis Dinosaur Jr fan. I've had my eye out for one of these for a long dang time. Finally found one for a great deal: zero money just a trade for a pedal.

Stomp Under Foot The Amherst '76 Ram's Head. It's not a J Mascis "signature" pedal but it kinda is. According to Matt at SUF, J sent his most beloved, holy grail big muff to matt, who traced the circuit verbatim and got this. These pedals come in a bunch of different colors, but I was lucky enough to find one in purple sparkle, which may be hard to tell from this crappy phone photo. But it is a sparkle purple finish. And if you don't know, this is J's favorite color and his siggy American JM is purple sparkle too (I don't have one of those...yet).

Quite by accident and over a couple years, I ended up having a fairly "J Mascis" rig. Several years ago, maybe 4, I got a new Squier J Mascis JM. It's fantastic. A couple years later, early 2016, I got a ZVEX Double Rock, which, like the SUF Amherst, isn't really a J Mascis "siggy" pedal, but J asked Zachary at ZVEX to build two Box of Rock pedals in one enclosure, and BAM! the Double Rock was born. I have the ZVEXTER, less expensive version but it does have an image of J, in purple, silk screened on the front.