To Flint or not to Flint...

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: To Flint or not to Flint...

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:59 pm

I loved mine. Wish I still had it. One setting almost sounded vibey and was perfect. I recorded with it coupled with a ce-1 chorus to get this seeet Leslie like sound going through my AC30hw. The spring Reverb was awesome, but I'm not big on the other Reverb settings. They're good don't get me wrong, but in my experience strymon reverbs are hard to dial being either too tame or too massive.

The only reason I sold it was because I had intentions on getting a Trem with tap-tempo and subdivisions. I still haven't yet.

I thought the same thing about the el cap. Parts of it sound so good, but I just felt it was a little awkward.

Jazzmastervsjaguar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jazzmastervsjaguar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:16 pm

The Flint is one of my absolute favorite pedals I've owned and I use it a ton. I think all of the trem settings are amazing I prefer this pedals trem to any other I have tried and it beats out my '64 bandmaster which is saying something. The Harmonic trem is smoother than most harmonic trems and it just adds something that is magical.

The 80's reverb setting is killer (you might get rid of your big sky, I got rid of my blue sky) The sound goes on forever but still sounds very natural with the right amount of smush. and throwing the 80's verb into the harmonic trem is heaven .

Now all of that being said I think the 60's (spring verb) setting is the downside of the pedal (if you can call it that). I think it sound great as a reverb sound but it doesn't really have the drip that a tank has. I don't think any pedals do though so I guess If you aren't playing super surfy stuff it will do the trick

cloudsabove
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by cloudsabove » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:22 am

I bought it twice and always resold.
I think that the reverb is one of the best. It's very easy to use and the three presets are everything you need.
The trem side is weak for me. I have a Supatrem2 and the Flint trem couldn't even be compared, especially when I played in band setting.
The ST2 has a warm presence and goes very deep. In my opinion it can't be matched.
Consider that the Flint trem side has not an analog dry path, it's 100% digital.
https://www.instagram.com/_whitejunk_/

JazzmasterJonny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JazzmasterJonny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:29 am

MY 2nd fave pedal after the big box EHX Deluxe Memory Man. Enough said. Buy it.

thisisnickpaige
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thisisnickpaige » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:17 am

I had the El Capitan, sold it for a TimeLine. Got the Flint, but kept it when I got the BigSky. Sold the BigSky, and the TimeLine will be sold soon (I got a Kemper) yet I’m keeping the Flint. It just feels and sounds incredible!

I personally use the 80s Reverb and 63 tube for everything. For me this sounds unstoppable. I use t for deep cavernous, like someone else said, “ indie surf “ sounds. But when I want a more 60’s sound reverb, and trem combo I keep the tube but I set the 80’s with shorter decay, and a much brighter tone. This gives me a sort of 60s wash with a sort of bright splash like you get in a reverb tank. I find the spring never gets drippy enough for me but the 80s satisfies my needs; though obviously, nothing beats a tank for surf.

I can’t recommend the Flint enough; two for one with incredible sounds. Add a favourite switch, and it’s four pedals in one.
Jesus