Everyone needs a stompbox.
panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: who wants to help me pick out some new pedals? rev, delay, looper

Post by panoramic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:53 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:13 pm
My favorite reverb is hands down the Red Panda Context. Delay would probably be my Caroline Kilobyte, but the EQD Space Spiral is quickly getting up there too... Looper, personally, you can't go wrong with a TC Ditto. I have an X2 which is wonderful. I haven't heard any bad options at all though. Everything suggested is pretty solid for what you're wanting to do.
yeah the red panda is really nice. i like how real it sounds in a way i sort of mentally want the corny but i know when i get it i will trend away from it without much use
I used to be cool, now I just complain about prices.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:28 am

parry wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:07 pm
EQD Dispatch Master would probably scratch both delay/verb itches and comes fully endorsed by the Shoe Gazer's Union.
I tried one of those out for like 15 minutes. Didn't do it for me at all. Admittedly, I am not part of the local SGU.

panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by panoramic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:46 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:28 am
parry wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:07 pm
EQD Dispatch Master would probably scratch both delay/verb itches and comes fully endorsed by the Shoe Gazer's Union.
I tried one of those out for like 15 minutes. Didn't do it for me at all. Admittedly, I am not part of the local SGU.
yeah i'm likely not a card carrying member either
i'm really digging the earthquaker afterneath actually, the levitation is also good

pocaloc
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pocaloc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:01 am

The afterneath is awesome. I bought the Avalanche Run because it looked like it would be my dream pedal. I didn't like it much. the reverse setting wasn't very good IMO. There were a lot of cool features but it just didn't do it for me. The best reverse reverb I've heard is the setting on the Empress Reverb.

panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by panoramic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 am

the afterneath and walrus audio descent are both on my list
avalanche run seems like something i would like the videos of and hate irl

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:15 am

sessylU wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:23 pm
Why vintage Memory Man and not Hazarai when you want reverse and loops?
Because Hazarai isn't a real Memory Man. It's a fine pedal, but it's not a DMM.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 am

I have the Neunaber Seraphim (single pedal) and if you like shimmer at all, it has a really good one. The only other pedal with a really quality shimmer I've found is the Loomer from Keeley (an option on the Hall setting). The reverb (Wet) part of the Saraphim is pretty cool, too, but with the one I have, both the shimmer and the reverb are each controlled with a single "intensity" knob and then I think there's a mix knob, so it's not like there's an infinite number of sounds to work with, but it's definitely a cool pedal.

I also have the Zoom MS-CDR 70, and there really is a lot to it for the price (like $120 new), you're able to mix & stack different modeled delays and reverbs (and choruses, too, if you like them), along with other incidental goodies like line select, eq, noise gate, etc. I have a few other reverbs that I like a lot, the Loomer, RM-1N, Symphonic Resonance, VFE Springboard and Yodeler. A friend has the Red Panda Particle and loves it.

I've tried to like the Avalanche Run, but nothing I've seen has made me really want it all that badly. I should maybe check out the Dispatch Master, too. The Afterneath also seems really cool, and the new Whateverb looks nice as well.

There really are a lot of good pedals out there, and more coming out all the time. I like the ability to play with a lot of parameters, but sometimes I'll get lost in all of the "programming" involved with some pedals, so I try to keep too many of them from being overly complicated.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by panoramic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:54 am

same this is the main reason why i am put off by the avalanche run pedal. i like the demos but all of that extra cheddar would be wasted on me. the afterneath though is right up my alley, so is the red panda pedal, the more i listen to that one the more i like it

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:31 pm

I don't think that I've heard or read anything bad about that Particle Verb. I may have to try one someday, or at least watch more videos, the thing seems really powerful and not overly complicated. And I need to watch more on the Afterneath. And I really want to check out the new Belle Epoch Deluxe. Too many cool things out there...

I really need to get to selling some of my pedals that I don't use anymore, or never really did, to help fund new things to check out and love.

I hope your quest works out, I'd think that with what you're looking at, you'll enjoy it.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

InLimbo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by InLimbo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:43 pm

I have an Pigtronix Infinity Looper that is really amazing, but as my music has changed, so have my needs. I could probably part with it and fill the valuable real estate with other things.

It has pretty cool features, including storage, reverse, multiple loop options, and MIDI-sync (which is really awesome when playing anything else that is to a clock (sampler, drum machine, synth arpeggiating).

I've been contemplating parting with it for a while, and if it sounds like something you're interested in, I can tell you more about it. I feel like this is borderline a FS ad, so my bad if it's crossing a line.

panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by panoramic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 am

somanytoys wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:31 pm
I don't think that I've heard or read anything bad about that Particle Verb. I may have to try one someday, or at least watch more videos, the thing seems really powerful and not overly complicated. And I need to watch more on the Afterneath. And I really want to check out the new Belle Epoch Deluxe. Too many cool things out there...

I really need to get to selling some of my pedals that I don't use anymore, or never really did, to help fund new things to check out and love.

I hope your quest works out, I'd think that with what you're looking at, you'll enjoy it.
the particle verb is insane, i am not sure i could ever come up with a use for that

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:32 am

I like my RV-6 quite a bit. I use it pretty conservatively, but it can get pretty out there. I wish it had adjustable predelay for some settings.

Never tried an expression pedal with it, but that's an option.

Mike S
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mike S » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 am

Have you tried the Boss DM-2W? Also, if you plan on spending a ton on anything, why not get a Maestro Echoplex and a Fender Reverb tank?

panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by panoramic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:50 am

Mike S wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:44 am
Have you tried the Boss DM-2W? Also, if you plan on spending a ton on anything, why not get a Maestro Echoplex and a Fender Reverb tank?
i used to have that set up actually, have you ever owned that set up? it's not exactly convenient to potentially gig with. I'm looking at getting these for shows for a new project i'm putting together that will be a lot more spacey than the stuff i've done previously. I appreciate your tone though, have a great day

InLimbo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by InLimbo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Have you thought about possibly going with a stereo setup? Reverbs and delays are infinitely better in stereo, and that might limit your search a little bit as well.