Does anyone regularly use the Catalinbread Foundation ODs?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Does anyone regularly use the Catalinbread Foundation OD

Post by somanytoys » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:46 am

The RAH is supposed to be exactly that, and each of those types of pedals are supposed to be engineered from scratch to arrive at the destination, instead of just building on something older and making it close to what they're trying to do or just different enough from the original older pedal. Supposedly the RAH doesn't only get 1 major basic sound from that concert, it's able to get all of the different sounds Jimmy got when you use the volume and tone knobs like he did. It's definitely got me interested.

I looked at that Friedman BE-OD, it looks like a really nice pedal. The thing is, I'm not sure if you're going to find a pedal that's going to make a meh amp sound good, let alone great, without spending some solid money. $200 isn't that bad as things go for a good pedal like that, although you may find something else that works as well or better, and maybe for less. I just think that about 180 (new) or so is probably about the tipping point for something that will do a good job at that.

There's a certain amount of truth about the big 4x10 cabs being pushed to make that sound live, but then you can also look at some recordings that have a huge guitar sound, where it turns out that they used some smaller (but good) amp that's dimed out, so with the right pedal and a pa, it may be possible.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

sessylU
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Does anyone regularly use the Catalinbread Foundation OD

Post by sessylU » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:45 pm

I've never played a RAH (come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever even watched a demo of one). I was just a bit sceptical when I heard about it. That might well be unfounded.
a total idiot jackass