PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: has anyone here gone rack?

Post by cestlamort » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 am

Mr_Edward wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:33 am
Look at all these vintage beauties :blush:

oh, that's my setup!

0:39 might be a bit optimistic but not not by much. I totally want the Ibanez branded case! (especially since it's always a challenge to get the pedals and heavy-duty cables tucked away in the back of the SKB shallow x rack. They fit all, but just *barely*). (I bet the latches on the case eventually rattle, however)

SlowEmotionReplay
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by SlowEmotionReplay » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:14 pm

I use a rack and a pedal board.

My Jag goes into the rack first:

Korg Tone Works DTR-2
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
Alesis M-EQ 230
RAT R2DU

Then into my pedal board:

Volume Pedal
Vox Wah
DigiTech Mosaic
Diamond CPR-1 Compressor
EH Cathedral
Micro POG
TC Flashback X4
Earthquaker Devices Afterneath

The main reason I have a hybrid setup is I had all the rackmount stuff back when I was in my early 20’s in the 1990’s. So when I started playing again and wanted to build s pedal board I didn’t see the need to buy a Tuner pedal, an EQ etc.........

I really want 1 or 2 Death By Audio fuzz pedal, though, so I have to find a spot for those.

Mr_Edward
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Mr_Edward » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:54 pm

That looks pretty cool; do you have any pictures of your setup ?

Mr_Edward
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Mr_Edward » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Yamaha SPX-50D (really neat unit) + TC Electronic GMajor are in and everything is standing in the FX Loop.
In the front stands > TC Subn’Up > Ibanez TS 808 > Rat 2 > Zvex Mastotron (really cool fuzz)

I will start to extract anything redundant from the setup after some trying out.

Hydroquebec
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Hydroquebec » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:30 pm

Hey guys - some nice stuff is being posted!

I'm new here. I use a combination of pedals and racks. I'm a big EHX fan, so it starts like this:

That all goes into a rack with an Eventide H8000FW, Eventide Eclipse, Lexicon PCM80, Lexicon PCM91, and Lexicon MPX G2:

The H8000 is used for algorithm development (vsig) and the Eclipse is around because sometimes, it's just faster to get a quick result. The Lexicons don't need much of a reason - there's a lot of heritage in those 2 boxes and the G2 is quite a swiss army knife. The Rane splits it all up and the Samson mixes it all together.

The "amp" is an Amplifirebox and the guitars are a Jag & Jazzmaster. I also have a Rickenbacker 330/6 (fireglo) and a 330/12 (jetglo), but I run a Janglebox in front when I play with those. I believe that high quality time-based effects should be mixed in post-cab, so the rack comes after the cab-sims for full fidelity.

I'm clearly a reverb junkie.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:38 am

Hydroquebec wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:30 pm
Hey guys - some nice stuff is being posted!

I'm new here. I use a combination of pedals and racks. I'm a big EHX fan, so it starts like this:

That all goes into a rack with an Eventide H8000FW, Eventide Eclipse, Lexicon PCM80, Lexicon PCM91, and Lexicon MPX G2:

The H8000 is used for algorithm development (vsig) and the Eclipse is around because sometimes, it's just faster to get a quick result. The Lexicons don't need much of a reason - there's a lot of heritage in those 2 boxes and the G2 is quite a swiss army knife. The Rane splits it all up and the Samson mixes it all together.

The "amp" is an Amplifirebox and the guitars are a Jag & Jazzmaster. I also have a Rickenbacker 330/6 (fireglo) and a 330/12 (jetglo), but I run a Janglebox in front when I play with those. I believe that high quality time-based effects should be mixed in post-cab, so the rack comes after the cab-sims for full fidelity.

A really nice set up. I haven’t seen a rack like that outside the studio though. I started out on electro-harmonics pedals too, just a Big Muff, Electric Mistress and Memoryman into a Space Echo, but I really wanted a rack with a tc electronic 2290, Roland SDE-3000, Lexicon PCM-41or PCM-70 and an Eventide Harmonizer. I settled for a Yamaha e-1010, Roland DEP-5, Yamaha SPX-900 and a Roland GP-16 controlled by a Ground Control midi switching system, with JM, Jag and Rick guitars into Vox and Marshall amps.

These days the rack is strictly studio, but I did finally get some Eventide with the Time Factor and Space pedals. Still miss not having a 2290 or anything Lexicon PCM.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Hydroquebec wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:30 pm
I believe that high quality time-based effects should be mixed in post-cab, so the rack comes after the cab-sims for full fidelity.

So , I have quick question on that - what do your cab sims feed/where does your sound materialize? Is it into a PA or front of house for live playing, a mixer for recording, headphones at home? Just curious what the destination of the sound is, especially since you go rack post-cab sims.

I am a reverb junkie myself. I'm currently trying to decide exactly where I want to use one of my SPX 90 II's, but I think I have it figured out. It's going to be on the small(est) rig. For that, I'm going to swap between the SPX and 2 Zoom MS 70 CDR pedals, going into 2 Bugera T5's.

The Bugeras either feed speaker cabinets for out loud sound, or the headphone-outs feed a Neunabor Iconoclast cab sim for headphones (or recording). That's what made me curious about your comment above, that I could feed the Iconoclast into the SPX, but then where to push the sound to, speaker cabs? PA? I will have to try this now...
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.