NPD x2: Delay And Fuzz

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NPD x2: Delay And Fuzz

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:46 pm

So, my board has been going through some changes. It seems that every fuzz I've had (Fuzz Face, Muff, Muff/Tonebender hybrid) sound great, but don't really quite work for me. I've had a tone in my head for fuzz, and it seems that I've finally found it. Today, my Magnetic Effects White Atom arrived direct from Magnetic Effects, UK. I told myself this would be my last ever fuzz, whether I like it or not. I love it! It's funny because before I bought any of the other fuzzes I've had, I had my eye on this one. Lesson learned: trust your gut/instincts! It does the velcro-y/thick, ripping fuzz really well, and can even stand in for a fuzz face (it's thin enough sounding) or a muff (can be thick enough sounding too). The tone control is VERY versatile, and both the texture and gain controls sound good at any position. SO happy ;D
It also doesn't hurt that it matches two of my three other gains 8)

The delay is an Alexander Radical Delay 2 Plus. A pedal's sound is the most important, but I'd be lying if I said that the aesthetics of a pedal don't entice me or at least have a say in whether I want it or not. I didn't love the looks of the original Alexander Radical delay, but this one really caught my eye. Good thing too, as the pedal is mostly the same effect, but for the second version, they added tap tempo, and a couple other things. It does the digital delay sound REALLY well, and the added effects sound awesome (mod mode is pristine in the middle of the tweak knob, vibrato counterclockwise, and chorus clockwise, while the other two modes are amount of effect from counterclockwise to clockwise straight through). The coolest thing about the effects is that with the time fully counterclockwise, you can use the effects as a standalone without any delay. What I found today, that wasn't on any of the reviews that I saw, is that, if you're using the effects only without delay, the effect gets thicker/deeper the higher you have the repeats knob set. REALLY cool pedal, especially running into another (analog-voiced in this case) delay. Highly recommended!
Also cool that this one also matches (style) my other 80's themed delay 8)

I think the last thing I'm looking at for my main guitar board is an EHX Freeze. I don't know why I never noticed that pedal until a few days ago. Pretty sweet.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384