Empress echosystem

Everyone needs a stompbox.
pocaloc
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Empress echosystem

Post by pocaloc » Tue May 09, 2017 5:28 am

I just received mine this last Saturday. I sold a couple of pedals to be able to afford it. In my limited time with it, it seems amazing. I've barely scratched the surface at this point. Anyone else get one or want one?

pocaloc
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Empress echosystem

Post by pocaloc » Tue May 09, 2017 6:11 am

I should tell about my experience with it a bit. First off, it sounds really good, all models, or at least most. There are some really cool/crazy modes. For instance one mode produces two reverses tails where you can control the pitch of both those delays. Stutter mode can produce this "won't get fooled again" like repeating part. What you put in continues or stutters until it runs completely through the stutter filter. You can change the pattern by twisting knobs. It is a very cool feature. They have a mode called drunken ewok which reminds me a lot of the EQD Afterneath, etc.

One thing I find cool is the lack of screen. It's a direct interface using knobs to dial in the sound. I hate having to dive into a screen. I suppose this might be because I'm generation x and I'm more comfortable with that setup. I hear a lot of people are turned off by the lack of screen, they say you can hook up a screen through midi if you need one. Anyway, this has to be one of the most fun pedals ever. I haven't even tried running the delays in serial or parallel yet.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:45 am

I often fantasize about getting lots-of-modes-in-one pedals like this, and I had a Strymon Timeline for a while, but the sad truth is that it's too much pedal for me, though, like you I think the non-screen would be better for me, as the Timeline's screen was irksome.

It looks awesome, and I've prep owned their Super Delay, and the Tape Delay. I love crazy delay pedals more than I actually use delay. :wacko:

Have fun. 8)
Last edited by Jaguar018 on Wed May 10, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pocaloc
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pocaloc » Tue May 09, 2017 9:17 am

Yeah, for me it is just a fun toy. I usually don't use all of the modes on this multi-pedals, but this one really sounds consistently good on all the modes I've tried. The echoplex doesn't sound nearly as good as the belle epoch though. I have to try the Belle Epoch deluxe too.