Supermoon(s)

Everyone needs a stompbox.
DesmondWafers
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Supermoon(s)

Post by DesmondWafers » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:37 pm

How do you guys like the variations of the supermoon reverbs? I love my red panda context, but I wanted something a little more out there. I had a regular supermoon for a short time, but wanted 100% wet. Recently bought a supermoon limited, which supposedly is like a chrome but with more modulation. I know at least one person here has one, I've seen it mentioned. Sure, I could just wait until next week when it arrives, but I need opinions!

Redstar30
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Supermoon(s)

Post by Redstar30 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:00 pm

I have a super moon chrome. I love the sound of it but my only compliant is it has a loud sweeping sound when the pedal is engaged and I'm not playing guitar. It's really annoying and prevents me from recording with it. I'm not sure if my pedal is faulty or if this is a commm problem.

natthu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by natthu » Mon May 01, 2017 10:58 pm

I'm not an afficionado of reverb, but I do have a Supermoon Chrome.
I like it, but because it's a pretty specific effect, it isn't the only reverb I use (I also have an EarthQuaker Devices Avalanche Run).
I had a Red Panda Context, which I thought was great, but I decided I needed a change and I don't regret letting it go.

indiandysummer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by indiandysummer » Tue May 02, 2017 11:28 am

Redstar30 wrote:I have a super moon chrome. I love the sound of it but my only compliant is it has a loud sweeping sound when the pedal is engaged and I'm not playing guitar. It's really annoying and prevents me from recording with it. I'm not sure if my pedal is faulty or if this is a commm problem.

I had a supermoon black and it definitely had a sweeping/modulated white noise in the background that i didn't really like. I could hear it when i was not playing, and also faintly in the background of my signal while playing.

Redstar30
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Redstar30 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:15 pm

indiandysummer wrote:
Redstar30 wrote:I have a super moon chrome. I love the sound of it but my only compliant is it has a loud sweeping sound when the pedal is engaged and I'm not playing guitar. It's really annoying and prevents me from recording with it. I'm not sure if my pedal is faulty or if this is a commm problem.

I had a supermoon black and it definitely had a sweeping/modulated white noise in the background that i didn't really like. I could hear it when i was not playing, and also faintly in the background of my signal while playing.

Hmmm maybe it's just a problem in general with these pedals. When I use it live the sweep doesn't bother me but when I'm record I find the tracks unusable which is a shame cause I really the sound

Tafarel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tafarel » Wed May 03, 2017 8:00 am

Wow. I guess I should've asked that question, as well. I sold mine on because of that sweeping background sound. The person who bought it doesn't seem to mind. I liked the effect, but that sound ultimately turned me off.
"I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory, and I didn't have a good time."