Any feedback on Noisemaker Effets?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Any feedback on Noisemaker Effets?

Post by Mechanical Birds » Thu May 04, 2017 1:44 am

Yeah I mean if it was just marketed like "I named it this because it's what I was listening to when I made it obviously I'm not going to try and say that it does everything on the album" and if the effects within sound good or whatever then honestly, obviously, it would be really cool. My experience though is that the effects didn't sound good or work well and it was marketed to make people think they could recreate specific sounds.

I wouldn't wanna carry my pedalboard from the van to the club so I can't imagine trying to lug it around a city. Sounds rough haha

Mike S
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Any feedback on Noisemaker Effets?

Post by Mike S » Sat May 13, 2017 7:43 pm

memeow wrote:Hi,

I saw on reverb this nice looking stompbox. Despite the fact I'm a super fan of Sonic Youth, it might be super usefull to have a all in one pedal, the only consern it's I've never heard off this company.

https://reverb.com/item/2610412-noisema ... 6-aluminum
Which era of Sonic Youth are you going for and are you more of a Thurston or Lee guy?

I know that up until the 90's, their sound relied primarily on loud, overdriven amps, uniquely altered wrecked guitars and weird effects with cassette players plugged into their amps. For about the same amount of money, if you know where to look, you can go a long way with a Blue Box, Turbo Rat, Phase 100 and Crybaby Multi-Wah should allow you to approximate everything through Dirty for a similar price.