What are your Eventide Space settings?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

What are your Eventide Space settings?

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:05 pm

Just got the Eventide Space thanks to trusting the assessment of two forum members opinion and this pedal is crazy good. That being said, it's almost too good due to the amount of options. I've had it only for a few weeks, but not near enough time to learn to use it to it's full potential. Our band is getting ready to record our first album this weekend and next. Was hoping to have had more time to experiment with it but work obligations, band practice, and school have made it nearly impossible. Would really like some tips on dialing in some interesting sounds for recording.

Primarily looking for a good shoegazy type setting. Nothing too over the top, but something that gets me there. Thinking mostly of Slowdive. Also interested too see some of your favorite presets in general as I've yet to explore the whole pallet of sounds. What are some cool things you do with the space? Especially when recording?

CorporateDisguise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: What are your Eventide Space settings?

Post by CorporateDisguise » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:54 am

The space has a few presets for these types of sounds that are great jumping off point.
EchoSpaceGod, blackhole and sweptechoverb are a great place to start.
I also use the shmmer alot, set to one octave up and one octave down with 4 or 5 seconds of decay time, and set the mix for 25%. Its pretty sublte and I don't always notice it's on, but I do notice it when it goes off.... It just makes things feel bigger, and it perfect for single note stuff and cleaner passages.
Fluttering and Ghosts are a great place to start for reverse reverb, but they take a while to dial in properly.
And lastly the TremoloVerb is great for adding a great bed of undulating texture behind your playing that just sounds massive.

Gav Haus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gav Haus » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:58 am

Sizexmatters is also a great starting point preset to tweak. 1985 damage too. The reverse algorithm will give you shoegaze for days.
http://wearerichlist.com

tremolo3
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tremolo3 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:17 am

Unicorn Warrior wrote: Primarily looking for a good shoegazy type setting. Nothing too over the top, but something that gets me there. Thinking mostly of Slowdive.
ModEchoVerb is what you should work with, set the mod to chorus ;) Key for those washy reverbs is starting with really low values and increasing in small steps, one by one.

Have you listened to their new album?

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:13 pm

as above for the slowdivey sounds, swept verb is great though too and fast delay settings. Other slowdivey sounds are basic everything up on the hall setting, lots of treble but the mod is very important...especially pygmalion stuff is great when you use the freeze or infinite on the footswitch.
Dialing up the blackhole on the reverse is the best reverse verb for string-like melodies, i prefer it to the reverse verb but that's useful too for some clear cut repeats that slowdive sometimes use- but take the diffusion and size down a bit, use the reverse decay but lower settings can actually sound wetter on the blackhole because it seems to introduce 'something dry' when you use longer decays, using the amount of feedback to control how long the verb is instead..
That reverse algorhythm setting similar to some slowdive sounds, another case of high mod, setting in time with notes.
shimmer, also great setting everything to unison but tuned out by maybe 20 cents, gets a really nice ambient chorus.
and use it in STEREO: really important for that kind of sound, well it helps anyway!

If you want to go more MBVish try out the latest firmware and you can switch between before and after distortion on your board. Before is crazy, kinda like the mangledverb tries to do but better and more spacious.
i do dial it down with distortion certainly though as the space can easily break into white noise when using with drives.

the sounds are endless but unless its really specific, I think you can dial in things easy enough, it is just a case of too many options sometimes. You can get shoegazy sounds on every patch if you like, even room gets big. I dial it per-song usually...I defnitely lost a few days when i first got mine but now its just dialing in the right amounts when committing to tape, and using a few select presets for initial jams really...its my guitar multifx, outboard and sample manipulator!, basically only lacking drives and phaser but i've even used the compressor on it as outboard for recording!

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:48 pm

What others have said is all valuable information, but for whatever reason no one wants to give up the goods on their settings. When I first got my Eventides a year ago I searched around their forums and found lots if people asking for settings and very few giving them up.

Anyway, here is one that mimics a patch from my old Roland GP-16 that mimics Robin Guthrie's mid-period Cocteau Twins tone. It's very dream pop, which coalesced into shoegaze. It's a ModEchoReverb patch and if you put a buzzy, fuzzy, tonebender style dirtbox in front it takes you to Heaven or Las Vegas.

Preset: modechoreverb
Mix: 33
Decay: 12.75
Size: 55
Delay: 330ms
Low EQ: (-2)
High EQ: (-5)
X Knob: echofdbk 47
Y Knob: modrate 63
FxMix: flangemix 67
Contour: echotone 1

flange is more of a Cocteau Twins thing but it's close enough to Slowdive I think, but chorus might work better and don't forget the other modulation choices. I like the Tremverb patch a lot for a shimmering pulsing effect.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Thanks you guys. Fuzzjunkie, YES!!! This is an awesome setting.