Everyone needs a stompbox.
borntohang
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: EHX Canyon

Post by borntohang » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:45 am

mcbrandt wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:17 pm
Rather than create a new thread, I figured I'd reanimate this one. Looking into this pedal, or a Flashback 2. Kind of new to the pedal arena. I think what feature I'm looking for that none of the review videos ever seem to show, is the variations of bypass. Basically, I want tails, so if I turn off the effect it doesn't completely just get cut out. It seems like the Canyon has that from some info I've found online? Any other opinions on ~$100 used delay pedals that have buffered bypass/tails, feel free to suggest them.
Flashback I and II have an internal switch that can be set for bypass/buffered with tails. There's also a dry kill switch in there for running in parallel FX loops. There's not much between the Canyon and Flashback in terms of sounds - in flexibility terms the Canyon has less options but they're all accessible from the front panel while the Flashback needs the toneprint software for deep editing.

mcbrandt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mcbrandt » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:52 am

Thanks. I ended up going for a Canyon off Reverb, just waiting for it to show. The one thing I liked about the Flashback was the whole MASH built-in expression pedal thing, but if I really want that I can plug in an external tap tempo switch or expression pedal. Although that parallel FX loop thing sounds cool.

borntohang
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by borntohang » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 am

mcbrandt wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:52 am
Thanks. I ended up going for a Canyon off Reverb, just waiting for it to show. The one thing I liked about the Flashback was the whole MASH built-in expression pedal thing, but if I really want that I can plug in an external tap tempo switch or expression pedal. Although that parallel FX loop thing sounds cool.
The MASH is a cool feature and I like it on the Brainwaves for a super portable whammy with fine control, but the tap tempo on the Flashback really kills it for me (even though I do still use it). Interested to see TCE are running a beta for a 'traditional' tap tempo option using the MASH at the moment.