overdriven-board pedals: JHS Colour Box, Jext Telez white...

Everyone needs a stompbox.

Re: overdriven-board pedals: JHS Colour Box, Jext Telez whit

Postby fuzzjunkie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:22 pm

You don't find that the Throbak has to go first with the germanium? All of my fuzzes seem to need to be first in line that are germanium, which are most of them - even the Catalinbread Karma Suture ge version that I have seems to get wonky if there's a buffer or almost anything pushing anywhere in front of it. Not a big deal, it is what it is, and I am very partial to the germanium sound and willing to let it be the first pedal.

Possibly? I've seen others (and possibly the builder) say it doesn't matter, though a lot of folks do put it first.

In my setup it worked okay in front of a stock Vox or Crybaby Wah, but oscillated when placed after in Germanium mode. When in Silicon mode it did not, but the tone thinned out. I have it after three other true bypass dirt boxes that don't have buffers. A Basic Audio Gnarly, Fairfield Circuitry Four Eyes, and a Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe. I use the Four Eyes for wah and filter sounds and don't have a problem stacking it or the Scarab. The only buffered pedal that I tried it after was the Voodoo Vibe. It didn't seem to matter which came first, but I ended up putting the ODB in front, more for board layout than anything. Usually it's in Silicon mode and when it's in Germanium the ODB is the only thing on except for the El Capistan or the Voodoo Vibe, so I only stack the other dirt pedals and delays in Silicon mode.

Edit: Vick Audio. Violet Audio makes high end preamps and compressors.

Reading another thread I saw that Violet Audio also has a reasonably priced Overdriver pedal. If the Bogner pedals couny, I wonder if Keeley has something? I know he had a series of pedals out a year or two ago that did ADT and plate reverb, etc, aimed at Beatles tones.
fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Postby bubba899 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:19 pm

I know op found something already but I've just bought something which fits the bill perfectly!

https://hudsonelectronicsuk.com/broadca ... ot-switch/

This thing is an absolute joy! It's got that always on boosty sparkle to it, and with the second gain stage it's a full on fuzz. Totally nails that revolution tone, but seems to have so much more in the locker, looking forward to getting to know it more.
“Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - it's a really stupid thing to want to do”: Elvis Costello
bubba899
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Postby fuzzjunkie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:03 pm

bubba899 wrote:I know op found something already but I've just bought something which fits the bill perfectly!

https://hudsonelectronicsuk.com/broadca ... ot-switch/

This thing is an absolute joy! It's got that always on boosty sparkle to it, and with the second gain stage it's a full on fuzz. Totally nails that revolution tone, but seems to have so much more in the locker, looking forward to getting to know it more.

Interesting. I thought the Broadcast, with the single switch at least, was like the Chandler Germanium Drive.
fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Postby bubba899 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:55 am

I always thought it was just a drive pedal as well, perhaps the transformer differentiates it? Apparently they've based it on old neve broadcasting console.

love the tip of the hat with the knobs.
“Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - it's a really stupid thing to want to do”: Elvis Costello
bubba899
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Previous

Return to Effects