I need a super rad amp, mojo a plus

Make it loud here.
echobaseone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I need a super rad amp, mojo a plus

Post by echobaseone » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:43 pm

Sears Silvertone 1484. 25W. Tube Trem. Largely unusable piezo based reverb, but great for total weirdness.
http://guitargeek.com/gear/img/silvertone_twin12.gif
I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth.

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:20 am

echobaseone wrote: Sears Silvertone 1484. 25W. Tube Trem. Largely unusable piezo based reverb, but great for total weirdness.
http://guitargeek.com/gear/img/silvertone_twin12.gif
Great suggestion!  I have 2 still and have owned as many as 5 at one point.  Getting into one of these can have some potential headaches though so here's a post with lots of good info about the 148X series Silvertones.

index.php?topic=2862.0

RedOrangeMorning
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RedOrangeMorning » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:26 am

Definitely check out the Vox AC30 cc2. It's perfect for pretty much all of your criteria (except for maybe the reverb, but even that sounds pretty fine). As far as reliability, I've had mine for over a year now and I haven't had any problems with it all (knock on wood). (Actually, a friend of mine even rolled it down a cobblestone street to a gig of mine without my knowing it. He didn't do it on purpose, he just knows nothing about music equipment and was trying to help. Anyway, I had no problems with it even after that jarring incident...). Really, it's the best-sounding amp I've ever owned or played through. Also, it's pretty easy on the eyes ::)

magikker
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by magikker » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:58 am

I am a huge fan of the way the AC30cc sounds but I don't own one and can't speak for how reliable they are. On a different note changing out the a preamp tube on the blues junior to a lower powered one will add a bit or clean head head and make it much less boxy.... Or at least thats what it did to my Pro Junior.

Oh and you can always put yellow jackets into any amp and turn the amp into a Class A with about 30 watts. Maybe just find something with good reverb and eq then drop in the yellow jackets.