Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb loud noise problem

Make it loud here.
Mordell
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb loud noise problem

Post by Mordell » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:01 am

I bought the Fender 65 deluxe reverb just under two years ago and literally ever since i bought it it blares out this loud noise which makes the amp unplayable. It would have taken it back straight away but it only happens once in a while, sometimes not for a month. I've had it sent back twice and tubes replaced another two times, the last time being in December but the noise is still with the amp and has currently been this way for the past 4 days which is unusual.

I recorded the noise to make it easier for people to hear. Any help is much appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2prGsPfTN3U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mordell
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb loud noise problem

Post by Mordell » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:27 am

Thanks for the reply!

I thought it may have something to do with wires or something moving whilst Its in my car travelling to practice. As i said it worked fine for about 2 months then ever since I got back from practice 4 days ago its been non-stop again. Yeah I'm not too experienced with the tech side of things thats why I havn't poked around on it, seems far too dangerous! Problem is when the shop had a look at it both times, they couldn't hear the problem just replaced a tube and said it was fixed as the amp must have been on one of its good days where it wasn't making the noise!

Mordell
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Mordell » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:37 am

Yeah i thought filming would be the best idea! No, no input or volume/effect changing does anything to the volume or tone of it. The only thing that makes it stop is turning of the power or taking out the speaker cable (which I was apprehensive about doing). I've contacted them but it will inevitably take them 3 weeks to do when I have gigs/practices upcoming! Was hoping it would be an easy problem to fix...ha oh well! Thanks for the help :)

syd
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by syd » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Hello. Did you get your amp back? What did the tech say? I have the same problem with '65 deluxe Reverb amp. When I turned the amp on, I heard the noise just like the sound of your film. If you got the key point, could you tell me? Thanks for help.

Mordell
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Mordell » Wed May 11, 2011 8:36 am

Hey,

Yes i got it back in the end, they said "the preamp valve V4 was faulty and needed to be replaced". I said to them that they said this was the problem the last couple of times i sent it back and it continued to happen but they said they could do nothing more as it was tested as working. It worked when i got it back but I still don't think that was the issue. I just decided to buy a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III 40w Tube Combo with Reverb as i didn't trust the 65' Reverb for gigging anymore but the new amp is amazing :).

Jimjim
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Jimjim » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi, I know it was a long time ago but I have exactly the same problem with a 2 year old 65 Deluxe. Did you ever find out what the problem was... ??