Savage Rohr 15

Make it loud here.
frippy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Savage Rohr 15

Post by frippy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:41 am

After a less than rewarding search of the usual suspect websites where amp reviews are posted, I thought I'd do best to ask here  :)

Does anyone have any experience with the Savage Rohr 15? I am looking for any input on sounds, build quality, potential issues, comparisons to other amps, how does it react to pedals (especially, fuzz and delay), etc....

Thank you!  :)

glimmertwin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Savage Rohr 15

Post by glimmertwin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:58 am

acoustic_frippy wrote: After a less than rewarding search of the usual suspect websites where amp reviews are posted, I thought I'd do best to ask here  :)

Does anyone have any experience with the Savage Rohr 15? I am looking for any input on sounds, build quality, potential issues, comparisons to other amps, how does it react to pedals (especially, fuzz and delay), etc....

Thank you!  :)
  I have played a Blitz and a Glass(very briefly), and a couple of different Macht 12s & 6s more in depth - they all sound fantastic and the build quality is there.  Everytime I hear of a Rohr being in stock somewhere it's sold before I can get to it so I have never actually seen one.  I travel a bit for my job and whenever I go to a town that has a Savage dealer I give them a call and head that way.  Apparently the Rohrs don't stay in stock too long...sound like a cool amp. 

I can tell you though that the Macht 12s are super freaking cool amps - definetly worth a look for a decently loud amp in a small footprint....I want one right now actually.
"I enjoy the current state of offsetguitars hostility."

frippy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by frippy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:18 am

glimmertwin wrote: I have played a Blitz and a Glass(very briefly), and a couple of different Macht 12s & 6s more in depth - they all sound fantastic and the build quality is there.  Everytime I hear of a Rohr being in stock somewhere it's sold before I can get to it so I have never actually seen one.  I travel a bit for my job and whenever I go to a town that has a Savage dealer I give them a call and head that way.  Apparently the Rohrs don't stay in stock too long...sound like a cool amp. 

I can tell you though that the Macht 12s are super freaking cool amps - definetly worth a look for a decently loud amp in a small footprint....I want one right now actually.
Thank you! I've heard nothing but great things about Savage amps and from exchanging e-mails with them I can tell they're really top-notch not only for what they build but also for their customer service. Alas, I've yet to play one in person.

A friend has a Macht 12 and has raved about it, although he's having some noise issues with it at present. I like what I've heard of the Macht 12 but really love what I've heard of the Rohr 15 -- admittedly, I've only heard the clip on the Savage website of a tele played through the Rohr 15.

lalalandstudios
Expat
Expat

Post by lalalandstudios » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:52 pm

I just picked up a Rohr 15 2x10 and so far am loving it. Its a loud 15 watts, and does a nice vox/marshall blend really really well. I'm still in a bit of the honeymoon period, but what I can say so far it - its built incredibly well, looks great, and most importantly sounds fantastic. I love a guitar sound thats on the verge of breaking up completely , and this amp does it perfectly. The Marshall like channel is appropriately dark and chunky, and the Vox like channel chimes beautifully and brightly. I pretty much only play JM's and it works great with the darker sounding vintage pickups. Also, the reverb is amazing, very musical, and subtle when dialed down. It keeps up with a loud drummer nicely (why I got it) and records very well with the master around 12 or 1 at somewhat sane volumes. Here's a picture of my amp below

I'm a reasonable man get off my case...

glimmertwin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by glimmertwin » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:43 pm

Amazing - I love that color combo! 

Any sound clips?

glimmertwin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by glimmertwin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:31 am

glimmertwin wrote: Amazing - I love that color combo! 

Any sound clips?
I'll renew my request - sound clips are a must on that Rohr when you get a chance.  ;)

lalalandstudios
Expat
Expat

Post by lalalandstudios » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:47 am

glimmertwin wrote:
glimmertwin wrote: Amazing - I love that color combo! 

Any sound clips?
I'll renew my request - sound clips are a must on that Rohr when you get a chance.  ;)
I'll work on it !
I'm a reasonable man get off my case...