Noisy Cricket

Make it loud here.
FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Noisy Cricket

Post by FireAarro » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:07 am

How loud does it get?
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:48 am

It wouldn't keep up with a drummer, but at its loudest you'd need to yell to be heard over it.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:52 am

mezcalhead wrote: Dano's pretty open about the circuit .. it's derived from the Ruby low wattage amp from runoffgroove.com. I don't know if that's based on the Anderton but there are plenty of links on Dano's site for you to do some detective work on, especially if you can find a schematic of the Anderton somewhere.

And what pullover said .. part of the reason Dano isn't making any more is because he thinks it's easy enough for people to make their own, and he's provided the schematic and all the advice you'll need. The boxes on the 3rd and last run were done by Swankbox, and I imagine they would happily paint another for the right price, if you don't fancy doing your own.
Is there a place that does pre-drilled boxes?  I could prolly do the electronics end of things, but drilling metal boxes is right out.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:12 am

Maggieo wrote: Is there a place that does pre-drilled boxes?  I could prolly do the electronics end of things, but drilling metal boxes is right out.
Pedal Parts Plus sells cases, and will drill them for like 3 bucks or something. I bet if you sent them a picture of what you wanted they would be able to comply.

Edit: "We will custom drill our enclosures to your specifications. Simply provide us with a drilling template or measurements and let us do the rest."
Email Kirk@pedalpartsplus.com
(337)286-5595
Last edited by pullover on Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.