kiwicano wrote: I got 3 shocks during the making of this due to my own stupid mistakes., one bad enough to blow the fuse in my workshop, Tube amps contain voltages high enough even when turned off to give you quite a scary shock. Its a toy that an kill so ..
Well they ain't toys. Glad to hear you are still alive. Get your ticker checked out. Electric shocks can kill off fragments of your heart muscles. These are my self-imposed disciplines for working on amps.
Never put your hands in the chassis unless the amp is switched off and unplugged from the wall
Use insulated test clips/gator clips to take voltages/scope readings (I don't bother with pop-tests anymore, they are too risky)
Never do electronic testing standing on a concrete floor - concrete is a great conductor.
Never do electronic testing on amps late at night, or under the influence of any sort of inebriator.
Keep kids and pets and innocent bystanders out of the room when doing electronic testing on tube amps.
If you're going to make a business of selling your amps to someone, get personal liability insurance.