Orange Tiny Terror

Make it loud here.
flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Orange Tiny Terror

Post by flatfiver » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:31 pm

http://www.orangeamps.com/tinyterror/

Anyone seen this?  I know we all tend to drool over Orange amps around here (thanks Justin!).  Plus, it's one of those little guys you can really crank!  I'm interested to hear one of these.
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Orange Tiny Terror

Post by chrisjedijane » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:50 am

I was thinking about getting one of those and maybe a 1x12 to have a compact rig for gigging, but I got the Blues Deluxe instead...
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

SirJackdeFuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SirJackdeFuzz » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:00 am

chrisjedijane wrote: I was thinking about getting one of those and maybe a 1x12 to have a compact rig for gigging, but I got the Blues Deluxe instead...
I do believ this amp has been out-and-about for a few months now !

The Orange Forum has a dedicated sound-clips-from-members in there, and i came across some seriously good clips of the TT !

Just look around in there !
;)

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:37 am

yeah, I think it's been around for about a year now. It looks really good.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:09 am

flatfiver wrote: (thanks Justin!). 
No problem  :D

Justin
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

flatfiver
Expat
Expat

Post by flatfiver » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:04 pm

chrisjedijane wrote: yeah, I think it's been around for about a year now. It looks really good.
D'oh!  I stumbled across it while looking at new stuff from NAMM, so I figured it was new, too.  New to me, anyway :P
Zen & the Art of Jazzmaster Maintenance

Vinkie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vinkie » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:20 pm

We stock them in the shop where I work and it has a nice sound IMO. I like it's simplicity and rawness. It's not very versatile but it's responsive to playing dynamics and it will clean up with lowered guitar volume so that's enough for me. I trieda MXR Micro-amp and my own ZVEX SuperDuper booster which will do a pseudo-2nd channel easily. It works well through 1x12" although I prefer it with 2x12" cabinets. Volumewise they are definitely loud enough to gig smaller to medium venues unless you need a lot of clean headroom.

Overall I like this kinda amp but that's possibly because I'm used to playing and gigging my own 15W 1x12 combo. I did notice some people just can't get over not having at least a dozen controls to fiddle with  ::)

SirJackdeFuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SirJackdeFuzz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:40 am

Vinkie wrote: We stock them in the shop where I work and it has a nice sound IMO. I like it's simplicity and rawness. It's not very versatile but it's responsive to playing dynamics and it will clean up with lowered guitar volume so that's enough for me. I trieda MXR Micro-amp and my own ZVEX SuperDuper booster which will do a pseudo-2nd channel easily. It works well through 1x12" although I prefer it with 2x12" cabinets. Volumewise they are definitely loud enough to gig smaller to medium venues unless you need a lot of clean headroom.

Overall I like this kinda amp but that's possibly because I'm used to playing and gigging my own 15W 1x12 combo. I did notice some people just can't get over not having at least a dozen controls to fiddle with  ::)
This is gonna sound weird/funny, but i am still torn between the Tiny Terror & AD30HTC  :o

Seriously - i have a Blues Jr. and the TT (also 15Watts) will be great for an AB-style twin amp set-up !

But then i am thinking, why not try and save as much as every-day living allows me, and close my eyes and get the AD30HTC instead !
Yes, it is much, much more and i will have to eat bread for 2 years, but i will have an AD30  ;) :-* 8)

I prefer the gain (...slightly) on the AD30 to the TT, as the TT is voiced more toward the Rocker, not so !?

So, what would you guys do in my situation ?

Cheers
;)

idiotbear

Post by idiotbear » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:02 am

I badly, badly, badly want an Orange half stack with an AD140.  :? :?

I might need a power soak to keep it in line (well, let's face it, of COURSE I would), but it'd be so nice for gigging. Edit: on reflection, an AD30 might be more versatile - I could drive it a bit harder and focus more on tone than crushing volume  ;D
Last edited by idiotbear on Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.