"Most Popular" amp among Jaguar players ?

Make it loud here.
SirJackdeFuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: "Most Popular" amp among Jaguar players ?

Post by SirJackdeFuzz » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:12 am

Mr M wrote: I like old amps not many people use(due to being poor). they sound good and give you your own sound, I am using a Alamo Fury 1x15 combo that i LOVE it's really an awesome dirty amp. i need to get a new Sunn Concert Lead amp(through a 1x15 cab, i love 15" speakers) for cleans b/c i really have to say, although it's solid state, it has one of the best clean tones i've ever heard. I had mine a week and it died  :(

i wouldn't mind a Twin Reverb and a Tiny Terror tho.
Nothing wrong with older amps !

True what you said about them giving you a unique, personal voice too !

I had a 50W, 2x12 combo WEM (old Brittish Watkens Amplification Co. amps), but it was super clean, even when max'ed, and it ate tubes !

Would not mind to have some old, low wattage Silvertone, Supro, Gibson, and National amps though !!!  8)

Mr M
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mr M » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:40 am

SirJackdeFuzz wrote:
Mr M wrote: I like old amps not many people use(due to being poor). they sound good and give you your own sound, I am using a Alamo Fury 1x15 combo that i LOVE it's really an awesome dirty amp. i need to get a new Sunn Concert Lead amp(through a 1x15 cab, i love 15" speakers) for cleans b/c i really have to say, although it's solid state, it has one of the best clean tones i've ever heard. I had mine a week and it died  :(

i wouldn't mind a Twin Reverb and a Tiny Terror tho.
Nothing wrong with older amps !

True what you said about them giving you a unique, personal voice too !

I had a 50W, 2x12 combo WEM (old Brittish Watkens Amplification Co. amps), but it was super clean, even when max'ed, and it ate tubes !

Would not mind to have some old, low wattage Silvertone, Supro, Gibson, and National amps though !!!  8)
VERY True! i'd take an old no name amp over a brand new Crate amp ANY day!

A friend of mine just sold a Tube Silvertone amp, but he wanted way too much money for me

Vinkie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Vinkie » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:32 pm

Although not specifically bought or used for the Jag I love the sounds from both my amps. The Budda DS-30 2x12" combo sounds quite thick but without ever sounding muddy or congested which combines well with the Jaguar. The Jag through my old Gibson GA20T sounds nice and jangly but it stays clean(ish) with volume almost all the way up. However I can boost it severly with the ZVEX SuperDuper which sounds amazing, pretty VOX-like actually.

I'm not sure what would be the "ideal" Jag amp 'though... depends on taste. Anything Fender will work probably although I like amps that crunch up rather easily so I'd go for the smaller ones like a Deluxe. I like AC30s with Jags as they add some midrange warmth, crunch up readily but still allow the brightness to shine through.

Mad-Mike
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mad-Mike » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:26 pm

The first amp I ever ran a Jaguar through was a Mesa Boogie Heartbreaker. that's pretty much what sold me on the Jaguar as a guitar for use in Metal situations.

Currently I'm torn between a Marshal JCM 2000 TSL and a Traynor YCV80, I ran the Jag-Stang through the Marshall, and it sounded incredible on the Marshall, but on the other hand, I took the Jaguar on down to meet the YCV80, and the Jaguar really mated up to that amplifer really well both in cleans and distortion.

I've never owned a Tube amp, so far I've owned several crappy Peaveys that gave me heaps of trouble (rage 158, backstage 30), a Tweed Epiphone Chorus that sounded good until the idiot lead singer ran a bass through it at full volume.

As for right now, I'm using a Digitech GNX1 amp modeler through a SoundBlaster live 5.1 with a pair of JVC headphones, but if I go back into playing live, I have three important things about my next amp that it must meet.....

1.) It Must Be Tube
2.) It Must be Ridiculously Loud when turned up (I'm tired of being stuck with a quiet practice amplifier half the time because I borrowed one)
3.) It must sound good with the Jaguar and the Jag-Stang
It's Me

burker
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by burker » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:05 pm

Mad-Mike wrote: The first amp I ever ran a Jaguar through was a Mesa Boogie Heartbreaker. that's pretty much what sold me on the Jaguar as a guitar for use in Metal situations.

Currently I'm torn between a Marshal JCM 2000 TSL and a Traynor YCV80, I ran the Jag-Stang through the Marshall, and it sounded incredible on the Marshall, but on the other hand, I took the Jaguar on down to meet the YCV80, and the Jaguar really mated up to that amplifer really well both in cleans and distortion.

I've never owned a Tube amp, so far I've owned several crappy Peaveys that gave me heaps of trouble (rage 158, backstage 30), a Tweed Epiphone Chorus that sounded good until the idiot lead singer ran a bass through it at full volume.

As for right now, I'm using a Digitech GNX1 amp modeler through a SoundBlaster live 5.1 with a pair of JVC headphones, but if I go back into playing live, I have three important things about my next amp that it must meet.....

1.) It Must Be Tube
2.) It Must be Ridiculously Loud when turned up (I'm tired of being stuck with a quiet practice amplifier half the time because I borrowed one)
have you tried looking for an old Laney AOR series head? I have the 100 watt one (loud) and it sounds great with my jag. Got it for $200, heard some people call it a "hair metal" amp nd that its trebly,,,, but I really like the sound, british on a budget. 8)

Pumpkin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pumpkin » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:47 pm

Anything fender(Twin reverbs nice),including solidstates (yea,soooo i like ss too) ;D

Tweez
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tweez » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 am

Fender Eighty-Five

On the lookout for something a little louder for gigging at the moment but I'll definitely keep this one.

rockula
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by rockula » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:57 pm

In a word........Bandmaster.....(and a RI reverb unit)      SURF'S UP!

Mad-Mike
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mad-Mike » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:21 pm

burker wrote:
Mad-Mike wrote: The first amp I ever ran a Jaguar through was a Mesa Boogie Heartbreaker. that's pretty much what sold me on the Jaguar as a guitar for use in Metal situations.

1.) It Must Be Tube
have you tried looking for an old Laney AOR series head? I have the 100 watt one (loud) and it sounds great with my jag. Got it for $200, heard some people call it a "hair metal" amp nd that its trebly,,,, but I really like the sound, british on a budget. 8)
I dunno, surprisingly, since moving to the Pacific Northwest, that's one amp brand I have'nt seen (laney).  I was looking at the mom and pop shop downtown a week ago and was tempted to pick up a Marshal JMP-1 or whatever the heck it was, but they were really expensive.

I also have a big thing for modeling amplifiers, and seem to be able to get the same good ole' tone I use on my MP3s on my soundclick page (soundclick.com\mjmadmike).  I guess I can join in now with an actual amp since I just picked up a Line 6 X2 212, this thing is a monster, and pretty darned loud.  So far with it,

So far the cleans with the Jaguar are incredible on this thing, nice and twangy but full, with tha sparkly top I love so much for clean work.  As for the distortion, it sounds best through the dual 12" speakers, they really darken the sound (which is better than I can say for the Behringer Vampire amps, I tried one of those, and it sounded like I was playing through a cardboard box with a speaker in it).  And one thing's for sure, it's hecka' loud, I'm going to wait till the weekend to tweak this thing.

It's Me

theswingincreeper
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by theswingincreeper » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:23 pm

When I had a Jaguar, I played through a very early Music Man 210-65. I liked to think that maybe Leo assembled it himself.